HSBC is following Canadian government guidelines to stop the spread of COVID-19. We are keeping our customers, employees and job applicants safe through enhanced safety protocols undertaken at our branches, remote working where possible, and video / telephone interviewing.
Opening up a world of opportunity.
We're a financial services organization serving more than 40 million customers across the globe through our Wealth & Personal Banking, Commercial Banking and Global Banking & Markets businesses.
We’re here to use our unique expertise, capabilities, breadth and perspectives to open up a world of new opportunities for our customers, our people and our communities.
Our global reach and expertise help domestic and international businesses around the world unlock their potential. Our customers range from small and medium-sized firms focused primarily on their domestic markets, through to large companies operating globally. Our services include working capital, term loans, payment services and international trade facilitation.
About the role
The role holder will assist Relationship Managers in the delivery of a professional relationship management service to customers, prospective customers and professionals. This supports the bank’s long-term strategy of establishing and maintaining long term relationships with businesses, identifying needs, delivering solutions to meet those needs and providing an excellent customer service. The role holder will maximise efficiency so the Relationship Manager may focus on growing income.
The jobholder will play a direct role in identifying and meeting existing and prospect customer needs, delivering value to the customer and ensuring that we treat customers fairly in all that we do. Provide tailor-made service to the customers leading to a strengthening of key relationships. In the absence of the Relationship Manager, the role holder will act as the focal point within the area for products and services thereby ensuring HSBC’s Commercial Real Estate proposition remains a key, positive differentiator.
The Sales and Credit Support role is to proactively support Relationship Managers (RM) in the optimisation of their contribution towards the Commercial Banking Annual Operating Plan, build sustainable client relationships to improve client engagement and triage product sales opportunities, and coordinate product fulfilment. The role holder will maximise efficiency so the Relationship Manager may focus on growing income.
- Support Relationship Managers in ensuring we identify customer needs correctly
- Assist in the delivery of solutions, products and services appropriate to meet customer need
- Help to improve customer engagement
- To treat customers fairly in all aspects of strategy, product design & delivery, sales processes, customer literature & correspondence, financial promotions, administration and complaint handling.
- Maintaining excellent communication with key colleagues to ensure a seamless and joined up approach and timely delivery of production for the Relationship Manager and Client.
- Maintaining excellent communication with Group colleagues to ensure a joined up approach to identifying cross border opportunities where these meet customer needs
- Acting as the primary point of contact for customers and colleagues in the absence of the Relationship Manager
- Work as an integrated member of the team
- Act as a point of reference for internal colleagues and support both new and existing colleagues
- Working with colleagues and relevant departments as appropriate to ensure that all documents are processed in a timely manner
- Working with the Relationship Manager to promote HSBC’s global capabilities internally and, where appropriate, to external agencies such as Key Business Introducers, Chambers of Commerce and other related organisations
- Preparing presentations where necessary
- Facilitating referrals from both existing customers and own network
- Work in partnership with colleagues across the HSBC network to deliver exceptional standards and quality of service
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
- Adhere to structures and processes in place for the management of credit, operational, reputation and regulatory risk.
- Ensure credit and operational quality is not compromised in the pursuit of income
- Ensure operational losses and fraud are minimised
- Respond within agreed timelines to issues raised by audit and external regulators.
- Ensure timely and accurate maintenance of customer information, including Know Your Client requirements in Group systems
- Resolve any/all identified issues promptly, and escalate concerns to management as appropriate to ensure timely awareness of any material concerns.
- Maintain awareness of operational risk within assigned portfolio and minimise the likelihood of it occurring including its identification, assessment, mitigation and control, loss identification and reporting.
- Protect sensitive customer and bank information by ensuring documents, computers, files, and all confidential matters are appropriately handled as set forth by policy.
- Ensure the application of Group policy and adherence to regulatory, financial, and legal standards to minimise business and reputational risks
- Compliance with and management of sales suitability risks and requirements
- Ensure all completed sales and prospecting activity documentation is appropriately completed, approved and stored to provide performance tracking, targeted future sales efforts and compliance with sales and transactional suitability guidelines and requirements
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and 2-5 years of experience in a related field OR Master’s degree and 1-3 years of experience in a related field
- Understanding of risk management
- Good credit knowledge.
- Analytical and financial skills.
- Ability to work without constant direction
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Commercial awareness, including economic, cultural, procedural and regulatory issues.
- Good working understanding of the trade cycle and business processes involved when importing and/or exporting
- Ability to interact with all levels of commercial customers
- Good interpersonal skills
- Qualifications and/or training courses
- Working knowledge of Commercial Banking’s proposition / product capabilities
- Working knowledge of HSBC Group capabilities
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
Disability related accommodations during the interview process are available upon request - please reach out to Canada Careers at [email protected] . Support and accommodations are also made available for employees with disabilities at HSBC.