At MadCap Software, we are developing innovative software solutions that improve the way companies, government agencies and academic institutions create, manage, and deliver content to their end-users. Ranked as one of the Top Workplaces by the San Diego Union Tribune, MadCap Software is growing and looking for passionate individuals to join our team in San Diego.
Ideal candidates should possess outstanding skills and experience in inside B2B sales with a strong focus on securing new logos and further penetration and expansion of existing accounts. The person in this position will possess a “no fear” affinity of outbound sales activity including heavy prospecting through various methods. They will also have a strong ability to help new and existing customers envision how additional MadCap products and services can benefit them.
As an Inside Sales Account Manager, you will:
- Act as a business partner to build strong relationships with prospects and customers, and leverage those relationships to help them be more successful
- Continuously build and maintain an understanding of prospects’ and customers’ current situations, including their current software ownership and the challenges driving their interest in additional software
- Continuously identify revenue opportunities within existing accounts
- Call a minimum of 20 potential new customers and 20 existing customers per day via outbound phone and email, or a minimum of 40 outbound calls per day as assigned
- Use structured qualification methods to qualify prospects and customers into new and/or additional products
- Set up discovery meetings and product demonstrations
- Efficiently manage the sales process through effective follow-up and forward movement from prospecting to closing the sale
- Own the creation and distribution of quotes and other sales documentation
- Collaborate with the Sales, Customer Success, Product Management, and Support teams as needed
- Achieve required outbound contacts and sales revenue quotas as assigned
- Other responsibilities as assigned by management
Candidates must possess the following competencies:
- Experience and passion for hunting and growing accounts in a technology business-to-business environment; software sales experience preferred
- Outstanding sales process management and organizational skills
- Proven track record of successful sales performance in a high volume sales environment
- Energetic, flexible and desire to work in a fast-paced organization without a great deal of structure and supervision
- Ability to effectively manage large numbers of sales prospects
- Experience with a CRM and lead management system, preferably Salesforce
- Outstanding professional demeanor
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Minimum of two years of technology sales with a specific focus on outbound prospecting
- Experience in B2B software sales is a plus
- BS/BA degree preferred
Although we are looking for people who are interested in standing out individually, we pride ourselves on working together to make it happen. MadCap Software is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and offers challenging opportunities that go beyond the boundaries of a job description.
Full-time employees receive a robust benefits package to ensure their health and wellness needs are met. Some of the benefits offered to MadCap Software employees include: Employer-paid medical, dental, vision and life; 401k plan; Stock options; Gym discounts; EAP; LTD; Sick days; 3 Weeks of PTO/year, plus paid holidays.
No agencies please. Local candidates only. Unrestricted US work authorization required.