The Technical Solutions Consultant directs and coordinates development and production activities of computerized data processing and information systems department by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs Data Management activities set forth by management to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, systems, materials, and equipment, workflow automation.
- Develops customized customer programs utilizing Quadient (formerly GMC) Inspire, Pageflex, Redpoint Data Management and other variable data tools.
- Maintains production and quality control standards.
- Consults with management to analyze computer system needs for management information and functional operations, to determine scope and priorities of projects, and to discuss system capacity and equipment acquisitions.
- Supports the development, implementation, and monitoring of management information systems policies and controls to ensure data accuracy, security, and legal and regulatory compliance.
- Prepare and distribute reports as requested.
- Maintain and update standard operating procedures.
- Provides support to end users in the selection, procurement, usage, and maintenance of software programs and hardware.
- Reviews reports of computer and peripheral equipment production, malfunction, and maintenance to determine costs and impact, and address problems.
- Maintains, and tests disaster recovery plans.
- Other duties as requested or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; 1-2 years related experience and/or training, equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Good technical ability to quickly assimilate new technology.
- Good facilitator of meetings and technical discussions.
- Good understanding of data hygiene programs
- Ability to develop SQL queries and other database technology scripting
- Must be able to learn technical concepts quickly.
- Ability to understand and adhere to the business rules driving a project request, use creativity in completing the project, and ensure project outcomes meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize workload of multiple assignments without sacrificing quality.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member in completing assignments.
- Ability to plan and carry out work activities and projects in accordance with management direction.
- Ability to implement and work in projects that follow existing K/P processes and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to meet commitments and work under aggressive deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex technical concepts to business users.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, management, vendors, customers, and contractors.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.