Are You Ready to Make It Happen at Mondelēz International?
This is a grade 5 because it is a high Selling territory.
Join our Mission to Lead the Future of Snacking. Make It With Pride.
You will develop professional relationships with our customers and optimize base sales, NPD & promotions. You will ensure great visibility in retailers and delivery of sales capabilities. Your drive will lead you to deliver the field KPI's and hit your annual objectives
How you will contribute
- Ensure a maximum visual impact and an optimum shelf availability through merchandising techniques.
- Implement and monitor promotional activities.
- Point of buying materials placement and implementation.
- Report on activities.
What you will bring
A desire to drive your future and accelerate your career and the following experience and knowledge:
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Solid knowledge about sales and negotiation processes
- Strong analytical skills
- Sales experience required, preferably FMCG/CPG
- Perseverance and attention to details
Primary location: Lakeland, Florida.
Disclaimer: To be considered for this position, you must live within 25 miles range from the primary location.
Disclaimer: To be considered for this position, you must have the flexibility to adjust to the established schedule.
The role of the Sales Representative- High Selling Territory (SRHST) is to enhance the world class Direct Store Delivery (DSD) business at the retail level through a geographic based, high-selling territory. With a high store count territory, the primary responsibility of the SRHST is to drive Nabisco brand growth with an emphasis on selling. SRHST will be able to sell business-building, in-store merchandising programs to key store personnel through effective planning, relationship building, and usage of consumer and sales data. Given the impact of territory to total sales team, the employee will work with local sales leadership to develop strategic territory business plans for achievement of sales objectives/growth. The SRHST will have close contact with Retail Merchandising Supervisor to provide feedback on deployment of territory merchandising resources. SRHST will have routed stores with an assigned store call schedule that will vary based upon selling, ordering, and merchandising activities necessary for each store. Additionally, the role will be able to develop and maintain complete knowledge of Mondelez International products, sales systems, and procedures.
All SRHST must have strong selling, negotiation, and organizational skills. They must have a proven record of success in a sales capacity and have the ability to grow and manage customer relationships. Approximate % of time spent in each area:
- Planning, Ordering, Selling (POS): 75%,
- Merchandising (15%), Admin/Drive (15%)
- Number of stores/territory: 20-30
- Deliver against monthly and quarterly sales objectives
- Selling all headquarter authorized programs as well as executing incremental selling opportunities and growing the business and monitoring territory Key Performance Metrics
- Provide on-site consultation and sales expertise to our customers
- Territory execution planning: Determine customer programming executional needs and tailor fact-based sales presentations to store needs, store demographics, and customer base to drive store/customer growth
- Establish and maintain rapport with key store personnel in order to grow business by anticipating customer needs, determining appropriate solutions to issues, and providing an overall high level of customer service
- Work with customer to ensure sufficient product is ordered to support consumer take away, inclusive of shelf and displays
- Proactively manage waste/unsaleables by executing against right products in the right stores at the right time
- Communicate plans and effectively assist in deploying merchandising resources within territory budget to build sales volume at store level
- Properly credit and dispose of all unsaleable merchandise from all stores
- Conduct all business operations within Mondelēz International safety guidelines
Benefits and Compensation:
This position offers a comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefit package, in addition to paid vacation, holidays, 401(k) match and Employee Assistance Program benefits. Also offered is a company vehicle, which includes a gas card and vehicle maintenance program. Along with a competitive compensation package, the Sales Representative is also eligible to participate in an incentive program based on territory results.
- Utilization of innovation and creativity in generating new and unique ideas and solutions that capitalize on opportunities to benefit customers and Mondelēz Global.
- Ability to form customer partnerships that exceed expectations and help customers identify and execute the appropriate strategies for their business success.
- Ability to use sales and order management systems and technologies to ensure exceptional customer service.
- Ability to work independently.
- Flexibility with the ability to change schedule on a daily basis to meet the demands of the business.
- Demonstration of strong and effective communication skills.
- Ability to identify and solve problems with minimal guidance to minimize disruptions to the business.
- Ability to perform hard work in a fast-pace work environment and meet the defined physical activities (frequent lifting, bending, and carrying up to 25 lbs., occasionally over 50 lbs., pushing, pulling, etc.) while adhering to set safety expectations and processes.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, Internet and Cellular/Wireless devices.
- All applicants must be at least 18 years of age, have a valid driver's license, proof of auto insurance, and have access to the internet
- High School Diploma or GED required; College degree highly preferred
- Previous grocery, retail, sales, and/or customer service experience is highly preferred
- A flexible work schedule is required, including being able to work weekends and holidays
- Must be open to performing Merchandiser responsibilities, as needed
Successful completion of drug test, MVR check, and general background check
No Relocation support available
Business Unit Summary
The United States is the largest market in the Mondelēz International family with a significant employee and manufacturing footprint. Here, we produce our well-loved household favorites to provide our consumers with the right snack, at the right moment, made the right way. We have corporate offices, sales, manufacturing and distribution locations throughout the U.S. to ensure our iconic brands—including Oreo and Chips Ahoy! cookies, Ritz , Wheat Thins and Triscuit crackers, and Swedish Fish and Sour Patch Kids confectionery products —are close at hand for our consumers across the country.
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.