Director, Business Development
Location: Remote (US)
ICON plc is a world-leading healthcare intelligence and clinical research organisation. From molecule to medicine, we advance clinical research providing outsourced services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and government and public health organizations.
With our patients at the center of all that we do, we help to accelerate the development of drugs and devices that save lives and improve quality of life.
Our people are our greatest strength, are at the core of our culture, and the driving force behind our success. ICON people have a mission to succeed and a passion that ensures what we do, we do well.
ICON Clinical Research is currently looking to strengthen our successful Business Development team through the recruitment of an Account Executive with responsibility for growing ICON IRT solutions. This position can be based in the US or EU.
As an Account Executive, you will be responsible for generating new and repeat business for ICON Clinical Research, promoting our services throughout the Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology and Medical Device industries. Working cross functionally, you will ensure a smooth process at all stages (proposal, bid defense) which maximizes the opportunity for success. You will build strong relationships throughout your geographic responsibility, highlighting ICON's strength in operations and promoting ICON as the choice partner in drug development.
- Establish and maintain client relationships while prospecting for new opportunities
- Educate customers on the value of ICON IRT solution
- Maintain accurate records and log all activities in Salesforce
- Communicate weekly activities and co-ordinate sales pipeline with sales leadership
- Prepare and deliver presentations to clients about the ICON platform
As a leading global CRO, ICON are looking to recruit an individual who can drive relationships and seize growth opportunities, building upon our existing strategic partnership arrangements and networking throughout the industry for future partnership opportunities.
To be successful in this role you should have a background of solutions sales within a CRO environment:
- Good understanding of the eClinical landscape and how different technologies can be integrated to optimize on clinical trial execution.
- Experience: 5 years IRT or pharmaceutical services related sales experience with a proven track record of success in Business to Business Software sales
- Ability to understand and communicate technical concepts
- Proven ability to work independently as well as in a sales team environment.
- Organized with methodical approach for prospecting skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and time management
Benefits of Working in ICON:
Our success depends on the knowledge, capabilities and quality of our people. That's why we are committed to developing our employees in a continuous learning culture - one where we challenge you with engaging work and where every experience adds to your professional development.
At ICON, our focus is to provide you with a comprehensive and competitive total reward package that comprises, not only an excellent level of base pay, but also a wide range of variable pay and recognition programs. In addition, our best in class employee benefits, supportive policies and wellbeing initiatives are tailored to support you and your family at all stages of your career - both now, and into the future.
ICON, including subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know through the form below.