Ignite your career with Hitachi Vantara! We have a proven track record of creating the future for more than 100 years. Thousands of the most mission critical systems in the world's largest enterprises use our solutions today. We are going to change the way the world works and we're going to make it a better place. Not by helping our customers and partners innovate but rather, by helping them intelligently innovate so they can deliver outcomes that truly matter for business and society.
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders find and use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society. We combine technology, intellectual property, and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Only Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. We work with organizations everywhere to drive data to meaningful outcomes.
Great careers start with innovation and here at Hitachi Vantara, our promise is to deliver insights that power smarter businesses and inspire social innovation solutions for a healthier, safer future. The key to our innovation is our people - our culture values respect, diversity, and collaboration. Join our Hitachi family and together, let's lead the way to extraordinary!
- Overall technology leadership and responsible for architecting data intelligence solutions (pre-sales level) in her/his assigned accounts and/or territory
- Coordination/collaborate with Data Intelligence product management providing field and sales feedback
- Primary technology leader/strategist during client engagement.
- Responsible for pre-sales technology, solutions, and strategic client engagement.
- Works closely with Sales and Solutions teams for on-going account development, consistent execution, and compliance with pre-sales processes and disciplines.
- Understand and position solutions around complete Hitachi portfolio with a focus on software and IoT technologies
- Become a customer trusted advisor through ongoing relationship development
- Assist other Solution Consultants where necessary
- Overall responsibility for the solutions being proposed to customer (technical leadership in assigned accounts / territory)
- Works with sales to formulate account strategies. Performs discovery with customers to understand key technical, financial, operational, and business issues that can be mitigated or alleviated.
- Assesses customer opportunities and architects creative and innovative solutions aimed at solving business, operational, and financial issues. Provides highly innovated solutions and contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas.
- Proposes and demonstrates the suite of Hitachi products through the use of demo's, white boards, and presentations.
- Remains up to date with respect to Hitachi portfolio (products, solutions, and services) and keeps abreast of industry trends, best practices, and competing/complementary products.
- Identifies and delivers customer requirements, including the ability to provide meaningful field input to the product teams, to enhance the company's overall platform/value proposition.
- Routinely exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives.
- As appropriate, directly engages with high-level customer decision makers to understand customer business issues and brings the right resources to bear in developing and proposing solutions including, hardware, software, and business consulting services.
- Bridging relationship and ensuring consistency between Hitachi presales and other internal organizations (e.g. Services)
- Create customer engagement and enthusiasm through delivery of Hitachi and Hitachi Vision and Strategy
- Develop architecture, sizing, quotes (including configuration), proposals, and presentation related to the solution being built
Qualifications and Skills
- Active TS/SCI clearance required.
- 5+ years of experience in a consulting presales role in the IT industry or in a high-value solutions-oriented company
- 10+ years of experience in the Information Technology industry
- Strong knowledge of Data Storage, Big Data, Data Analytics, Compute Server, Business Continuity, SAN, LAN/WAN concepts and architectures.
- Experience with data centric solutions like Block, file and object storage technologies
- Enterprise applications knowledge like ERP, CRM, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education needed.
- Ability to write well-structured reports and proposals with clear, logical, and succinct language.
- Ability to develop and deliver well-structured presentations with information appropriate for the desired audience.
- Excellent customer/business negotiation skills.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Organized - Able to coordinate resources and tasks effectively.
- Able to work in unstructured environments and situations and prioritize effectively.
- Able to manage time effectively and work independently
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, place of origin, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable national, state, or local law.