THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a SUPV IT SPECIALIST (INFOSEC), Position Description Number E18927KS and is part of the 184th Wing, National Guard.
As an SUPV IT SPECIALIST (INFOSEC), GS-2210-12, you will supervise the Commander's Support Staff, Training, System Administration, Data Management and Internet. Establish, advise, and consult on production and quality requirements, mission objectives, equipment and other logistics needs, to ensure requirements satisfy the NGB. Manage oversight of programs used to monitor and eliminate fraud, waste, abuse in the ANG enterprise Supports internal and external audit programs within the NOS. Coordinate communications activities and projects with other concerned agencies and/or organizations such as ANG Computer Network Operations (CNO), Regional NOSs and all MAJCOM NOSs. Other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
2210 Information Technology Management
- Computer Network Support Specialists
- Computer Support Specialists
- Coordinators, Network
- Data Analyst
- Network Coordinators
- Specialists, Computer Network Support
Conditions of Employment
- NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED.
- This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the employing state's National Guard, required prior to the effective date of placement.
- Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
- Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Kansas State driver's license prior to appointment
- ELIGIBLE FOR SITUATIONAL TELEWORK ONLY, INCLUDING EMERGENCY AND OPM PRESCRIBED "UNSCHEDULED TELEWORK"
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance within one year of appointment.
Military Grades: E-8 through E-9
Compatible Military Assignments: 3D100
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Experience, education or training that has provided a basic knowledge of data processing functions and general management principles that enabled the applicant to understand the stages required to automate a work process. Experience may have been gained in work such as computer operator or assistant, computer sales representative, program analyst, or other positions that required the use or adaptation of computer programs and systems.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Must have at least 36 months experience, education, or training that approaches techniques and requirements appropriate to an assigned computer applications area or computer specialty area in an organization. Experience planning the sequence of actions necessary to accomplish the assignment where this entailed coordination with others outside the organizational unit and development of project controls. Experience that required adaptations of guidelines or precedents to meet the needs of the assignment. Experience preparing documentation on cost/benefit studies where is involved summarizing the material and organizing it in a logical fashion.
"Information Assurance Certification" is a condition of employment. This position includes information assurance (IA) work as a paramount duty requirement. Per DoD 8570.01-M, the incumbent of this position must achieve the appropriate IA certification within six months of assignment of these duties. A waiver of this six month requirement may be granted per DoD 8570.01-M, C188.8.131.52 or C184.108.40.206. Failure to receive the proper IA certification may result in removal from this position."
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
1. A COMPLETED RESUME IS REQUIRED: Your resume must show relevant experience, where you worked, job title, detailed duties and accomplishments written in your own words (Do not plagiarize), employer's name and address, supervisor's name and phone number, starting and ending dates (including Month and Year, e.g., 02/2017, Feb 2021, etc.), hours per week and salary. If you are a current Federal employee or previous Federal employee, provide your position title, pay plan, series and grade. Your detailed experience must be listed under each job title with starting and ending dates. Resume must show applicants name and contact information.
2. For current Federal employees: Provide the latest SF50, Personnel Action reflecting your current pay and position.
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO DOCUMENT, IN YOUR APPLICATION PACKAGE, EVIDENCE THAT SUPPORTS YOUR ELIGIBILITY AND QUALIFICATION CLAIMS. You must upload the applicable documents with your application package. These documents will assist the staffing specialist in determining your eligibility and competency qualifications.
DOES THIS POSITION REQUIRE A LICENSE OR CERTIFICATE? You are strongly encouraged to provide a copy of your license or certificate in your application package. It is also acceptable to document your license number and the name of the licensing authority in your resume
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Opens in a new windowLearn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
This job is open to
Internal to an agency
Current federal employees of this agency.
Clarification from the agency
Current on-board indefinite or permanent federal employees and technicians within the Kansas National Guard Includes AGRs with reemployment rights