The Manager, Fleet and TNC Business Development will be the subject matter expert for the sales and business development efforts for public access programs for all fleet operators and their drivers including TNC companies. Working with internal teams, this person will lead the development of sales initiatives that generate and support a robust sales funnel across the fleet and TNC segments. Pipeline generation will include the top of funnel inbound and outbound activities to generate new business as well as scoping and negotiating opportunities and overseeing onboarding and account management for both new and existing customers.
In alignment with the BD team and management, this manager will define the go-to-market to generate and maintain a portfolio of new fleet customers. Responsibilities will include tactics, campaigns and tools to identify, generate, close and nurture customer opportunities. Will be specialized in the business model requirements and product development necessary to fulfill the needs of this segment. This also includes the identification of specific charging app and billing / invoicing related requirements unique to fleet-type customers.
To design scalable approaches to grow sales prospects in the fleet / TNC segments, the manager will hold specialized experience and deep understanding of the unique attributes and needs of this clientele, including key purchasing decision factors based on the clients’ business model and priorities.
Go To Market Development (50%)
- Define and implement scalable approaches to grow pipeline of fleet and TNC prospects across North America to generate revenue streams.
- Facilitate inbound and outbound activities with channel marketing team to generate campaigns and guide thought leadership targeted for fleet / TNC customers. This will require the creation and upkeep of sales tool and collateral (such as pitch decks and marketing support assets). Additionally campaigns to promote top-of-funnel sales activities should exploit multiple origination channels, such as strategic relationship building with leading TNC providers, trade show exhibition, and media engagement.
- Cultivate high value, meaningful relationships with sophisticated clientele including national fleet operators and TNC accounts.
Pipeline Development (50%)
- Accountable for nurturing new and existing fleet / TNC sales opportunities to define scope and negotiate commercial and legal terms. This includes but is not limited to the assessment and preparation of RFI, RFP and RFQ responses, technical documentation requests and legal contracting.
- Lead and manage client contract negotiations – collaborating across internal legal, finance, and executive teams and leading external negotiation.
- Implement processes and guidelines for onboarding/implementation needs for fleet / TNC customers, collaborating with Implementation PMO Leader
- Create and maintain dynamic tracking and reporting capabilities for market trends, public funding, incentives and competitor tracking across fleet / TNC segments
- Guide Product Team collaboration to develop products, services and business models targeted to meet the specific needs of the fleet / TNC segments
- Accountable for sales analytics reporting in Salesforce. Including the build out of business reporting needs and liaison with IT developers to ensure deployment that aligns with sales management needs as well as executive level reporting
- Responsible for the effective communication of opportunities, issues, risks and dependencies with project stakeholders, where it applies to the area of responsibility
- Oversee project budgets of up to $5M
- Work cross-functionally company-wide to gain visibility and buy-in on commercial activities and seek alignment for efficiencies with teams including technology, government affairs, real estate and operations
Years of Experience:
- 10+ years of sales and strategy-related experience in relevant sectors such as electric vehicles, automotive, and/or energy.
- Bachelor’s degree - required
- MBA or Master's degree - desired
- Resourceful, adaptable and results oriented with a positive attitude and the ability to contribute in a team environment
- Must be able to establish a high level of credibility with all levels of internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in communicating with executive level audiences. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to develop and effectively communicate data-driven presentations at multiple levels within the organization and with external audiences
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinking – using logic and reason, thinking creatively and strategically
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Comfortable in bringing people, processes and systems together to achieve common goals
- Highly organized: used to working to tight deadlines and able to work under own initiative
- Ability to effectively implement long and short-term strategic planning related to go-to-market, sales, pricing and other BD related activities
- Experience identifying and pursuing commercial owner/operator, custom, and turnkey charging sales opportunities across a range of inbound and outbound activities
- Demonstrated experience in negotiating and securing contracts
- Demonstrated high initiative and ability to create successful business plans in a complex partnership environment
- Experience cultivating and developing pipeline of sales opportunities
- Ability to take initiative and function in highly dynamic environment
- Excellent project management, innovation, analytical, and creative problem-solving skills
- Communication skills – interpersonal, presentation and written
- Able to understand and balance the interests of numerous stakeholders (e.g. management, colleagues, agencies, clients etc.)
- Account management
- Budget management experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Professional CRM experience in automotive, utilities, or technology
- Knowledge of automotive or utility sales, service and marketing environment
- Understanding of the Salesforce product suite
- Enthusiasm for an electric future
- Experience using project management software like Trello, JIRA and Confluence
- Experience in electric vehicle infrastructure industry
- Understanding of EV Charging ecosystem (manufacturers, installation companies, utilities and related government agencies)
- Domestic travel is required; estimated at 20-40%.
Volkswagen Group of America is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage applicants from all backgrounds, and do not discriminate based on race, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, color, gender identity/expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.