Title: Senior HelpdeskDepartment: Technical Operations
Reports to: IT Manager Cost Center:
FLSA Status: Location: Admin Building
Schedule: Salary Grade:
Subordinate Reports: Job Code:
: The Senior Helpdesk Technician diagnoses, prioritizes, and resolves technology support requests. The Senior Helpdesk Technician will provide frontline helpdesk support , delivering quality support, and setting proper expectations, in a growing organization. The Senior Helpdesk Technician will also provide escalation support for more advanced troubleshooting
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Respond to user requests (Tier 1) for information and support for computer software, hardware, operating system, printer, tablet/smartphone, and network support issues according to ticketing priority and procedures.
- Monitor, diagnose, and resolve escalated support requests that require more advanced troubleshooting (Tier 2).
- Respond to technical questions, applying knowledge of computer software and technical ability.
- Provide a high level of customer service and ensure user support technical issues are resolved or escalated appropriately.
- Coordinate various service repair(s) with vendors.
- Act as vendor liaison and technical contact for printer maintenance and other technology categories throughout the computing enterprise
- Communicate expectations, status, and progress of assigned tasks and support requests.
- Participate in and lead IT projects, efforts, and processes as skills, experience, and time permit.
- Coordinate scheduling to address requests or deliver requested research.
- Perform initial computer and IP phone set up.
- Create technical documentation as needed.
- Manage hardware and software resource inventory levels in helpdesk
- Provide monthly helpdesk report(s) for review/discussion with IT management.
- Ability to travel to remote branches when required
- Other duties as assigned
- An Associate's Degree or equivalent experience in technology support
Licenses and Certifications
- CompTIA A+, N+, Security+ Certification
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS)
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
- Microsoft Technology Associate Certification (MTA)
- Microsoft Certified systems engineer (MSCE)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- At least three years of experience working in desktop deployment, asset management, desktop support, mobile device setup, deployment and troubleshooting, AV setup and management, Microsoft Office application support, user account management, Exchange user account management peripheral troubleshooting, Citrix end user support, antivirus and anti-malware products, and ticketing systems;
- Knowledgeable in computer operating systems, printer installation, cable management, task planning and scheduling, office automation systems, data communications, application installations, ticketing applications and troubleshooting techniques;
- Proven experience with supporting Windows 10, Active Directory, Microsoft Office application suite, mobile device management, industry standard internet browsers, networking, network printing and security best practices;
- Providing technical and software application support and guidance to end users;
- Hardware and software systems setup; and
- Developing documentation of test procedures and processes.
Ability to sit for long periods of time up to of work hours.
- Ability to use hands to grasp, handle or feel.
- Ability to use computer keyboard and system to enter data and process information.
- Ability to read a computer screen at a close distance.
- Ability to read, talk clearly so that others understand, hear, comprehend the written and spoken word, and see.
- Ability to use telephone to communicate with others.
- Ability to use office equipment such as teller scanner, personal computer, telephone, mobile device, copier, etc.
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs. at least 10% of work hours.
Moderate sound as in business office with office machines, computers, and people traffic.
- Open floor work environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.