VMware accelerates digital transformation through a software-defined approach to business and IT. The trusted platform provider of choice for more than 500,000 customers globally, VMware is the pioneer in virtualization and an innovator in cloud and business mobility. A proven leader, VMware allows customers to run, manage, connect and secure applications across clouds and devices in a common operating environment.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
This position reports to the Senior Manager of Renewals Sales Operations and will partner with the subscription renewals team. This role will require an individual to optimize sales efficiency by refining processes and managing pipeline, forecasting and other subscription business related KPI’s. Solutions and improvements will be challenging, requiring innovative and analytical thinking.
The Analyst will interact directly with the sales force, sales operations, and sales leadership teams daily. Experience in working alongside inside sales or renewal-focused teams is a definite plus. Long-term success in the role will be evident through the development of strong cross-functional business relationships plus a demonstrated ability in analyzing and interpreting quantitative data and supporting operational efficiencies where appropriate.
Job Role & Responsibilities:
- Generate weekly, monthly and quarterly performance reporting and analysis including opportunity, pipeline and other business-related sales metrics
- Work with cross functional departments (finance, quoting, data teams, etc) to ensure additional ad-hoc reporting needs are delivered
- Own the forecasting process for your respective regions and provide readouts to business partners
- Administer, manage and report on revenue forecasting using VMware methodology and automation/forecasting tools; drive adoption of forecasting tools and dashboards within respective regions
- Develop comprehensive pipeline reporting tools
- Drive increased field CRM adoption and sales data consistency (i.e. “hygiene”) with the sales teams, consistent with standard practices, to improve account and opportunity visibility and reporting
What Success will look like
- A demonstrated ability to assess trending and business markets through data analysis to draw out where we can improve our sales or operational execution
- A demonstrated ability to spot operational & data gaps, taking proactive steps in identifying root causes and eventually translating into a clear and actionable plan
- Accuracy in work delivered and in a timely manner
- Aid and advise Sales Management on all aspects of your region
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Minimum 3-6 years of work experience in subscription data or analytics based role in a relatable industry
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint) as well as Oracle, SAP and SFDC
- Must be able to build custom reports and dashboards
- Experience with working as part of a global team a definite plus
- Experience with working in a renewals focused department or inside sales team preferred
- Strong presenter with good verbal and written presentation skills
- Confident individual with enthusiasm and aptitude to create, catalog & optimize process flow maps & reporting-suite guides
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment with a hands-on approach and demonstrated ability to multi-task
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware.
Category : Business Strategy and Operations
Subcategory: Business Process
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-07-20
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.