Job DescriptionDiscover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover. Job Description
The Payment Services Sales Representative is responsible for working with partners in securing non accepting merchants, closing complaints, and improving the cardholder experience with merchants in assigned market or portfolio. He/she prioritizes key issuer needs with merchants in market. He/she will work collaboratively with Global Marketing and Global Acceptance to gain acceptance especially for larger merchants or key verticals, and/or work to train downstream acquiring and intermediary payment partners. This role also sources and capitalizes on opportunities to grow merchant stated acceptance and/or network transaction volume.
**This role will primarily focus on maintaining existing 3rd party relationships as well as identifying and developing new partnerships opportunities in the FL, NC and SC territory. Therefore, the ideal candidate will reside in Florida in order to travel locally within the assigned market. The role will have heavy travel within the territory, with some travel outside of the territory.
- Conduct standard training with acquirer’s sales staff, merchants and issuers in market to promote acceptance and drive volume.
- May develop and maintain relationships with associations, malls and hotels to ensure successful promotion of offers programs.
- Secure non-accepting merchants and close merchant complaints in assigned market or portfolio.
- Improve merchant stated acceptance and merchant activations.
- Ensure relevant offers are sourced in a timely manner.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- 2+ years of experience in financial services, payments, sales, marketing, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or related field
- 4+ years of experience in financial services, payments, sales, marketing, or related field
- Sales experience/skill set within the Payments industry
- Robust customer service skills/ability to multi-task
- Strategic thinking and time management skills
- Excellent communication/presentation skills
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law) . We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.