Internal Title: Experience Manager
External Title: Experience Manager
Our mission is simple, More Life. More years. More love for our four-legged family members. We are looking for like-minded individuals to help feed more dogs and cats JustFoodForDogs. The Experience Manager is responsible for the overall performance of the JustFoodForDogs front of house retail team, including (1) ensuring consistently high customer service standards, (2) developing and managing team members and (3) driving store-level financial results. The Experience Manager is responsible for the success and results of the day-to-day functions while encouraging teamwork and efficiency of the Certified Nutrition Consultants. Our ideal applicant is a leader capable of multitasking, managing time and a team of employees, while overseeing both sales and marketing operations to independently make key decisions.
The Experience Manager will be responsible for supporting the FOH staff
- Regularly engages with, motivates, and supports team of Nutrition Consultants in delivering the finest experience for new and existing pet parent guests.
- Role models service skills that meet our desired Right Consult goals and objectives
- Able to have difficult conversations when needed with Nutrition Consultant staff to coach and change behaviors as needed to provide a memorable experience.
- Focuses staff on building long term relationships with customers that are enhanced by each and every future visit.
- Helps team maintain pet parent guest satisfaction by providing problems-solving resources.
- Support the General Manager in managing the Nutrition Sales Consultants, including coaching, training, providing feedback and direction in helping them achieve their performance goals.
- Provides ongoing performance feedback and recommendations to the General Manager, with the goal to continuously improve the pet parent guest experience in the location while building our Nutrition Sales Consultant capabilities over time.
- Assists Nutrition Sales Consultant team in answering client emails, texts, sending handwritten letters, and other forms of communication to enhance retention and brand relations.
- Supports General Manger in recruiting, selection, training, and providing ongoing performance feedback with Nutritional Sales Consultants.
- Collaborates well and communicates consistently with Kitchen Staff and delivery support as needed to ensure pet parent guest needs are met through strong coordination with distribution, production, delivery, and organizational efforts.
- Ensures Consultants are Certified through JFFD training resources and maintains employee records.
- Approve retail staff schedules; manage staff schedules to the needs of the business.
- Communicates job expectations to other employees.
- Plans, monitors, appraises, and reviews job contributions of others.
- Enforces company policies and procedures.
- Achieves customer service objectives by contributing customer service information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews.
- Use company recognized and uniquely relevant and appropriate ways to recognize individual and team member successes on a regular basis.
Ensure Nutrition Consultants are engaging with clients, understanding their dietary needs, and providing solutions.
- Manage Team ensuring they maintain effective merchandising and product display.
- Respond to complaints, taking any and all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied customers into returning customers Marketing.
- Develop and deliver local B2C, B2B, and grass roots marketing plans (in coordination with HQ efforts) to drive store traffic Operations
- Ensure staff adheres to safety, cleanliness, and product quality standards.
- Manage and approve supply replenishment orders (e.g., marketing materials, dry goods, frozen and fresh meals).
- Work with Team Leads to receive deliveries and accurately organize/manage back-room inventory
- Triage Client Service
- Meet or exceed monthly budget for store-level goals and profitability; identify root cause and corrective actions through effective planning for missed targets.
- Manage, monitor and ensure the secure handling of cash
- One year of experience as a General Manager or Assistant General Manager within the retail industry
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree
Physical Requirement: *
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times
Who we are*
Join us in the movement to ensure longer and healthier lives for dogs and cats. JustFoodForDogs is breaking new ground in the world of pet food! Vet-developed and recommended, we started cooking our whole food, human-grade, nutritionally-balanced meals in Newport Beach in 2010 and we now have a national footprint with continuing growth plans. Learn more about what we do at www.justfoodfordogs.com.
Job Type: Full-time