This role will sit in VMware's Security Business Unit, VMware Carbon Black; a leader in cloud-native endpoint and workload protection dedicated to keeping the world safe from cyber-attacks.
Our team is looking for a Product Marketing Manager focused specifically on sales enablement content for our security product portfolio. As a key member of the team, you will work closely with the broader Product/Technical Marketing and Sales teams to identify and understand the needs of the team, create and collaborate on content to address these needs, and clearly communicate this messaging across the organization. This role requires an individual who has a passion for connecting with people, knows how to create and curate compelling content, and is an expert at time management. Your overall mission is to help the sales team be successful, and to become a marketing/enablement liaison for various groups across the organization.
Produce and maintain content related to our products, competition, cross-BU use cases, and overall VMware Security story.
- Enable and train our Sales teams and partners to effectively communicate our messaging, use cases and differentiators to customers.
- Participate in launches, sales support/sales calls, PR/AR, naming and pricing/packaging, working closely with marketing, product management, and the sales team.
- Contribute to development of an enablement strategy for the business unit inclusive of the many pillars and teams involved.
- Become the liaison between various groups in the organization regarding communication and alignment of enablement needs and progress.
- Establish vessels for communication that work best for the business unit.
- Identify areas of improvement in processes to better enable the team.
What You Bring
3+ years of experience in enterprise software product marketing, content marketing, sales enablement, or similar role for high-tech companies: Information Technology, Cloud products/services, and SaaS offerings within the B2B space.
- Experience positioning technical products to technical users and business decision makers.
- Experience developing training & messaging content and presenting to groups
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment demonstrating autonomy in conforming to strategic intent while adhering to team values.
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working with security products.
Category : Marketing
Subcategory: Product Marketing
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-07-23
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.