About Us:Winkler + Dünnebier GmbH (W+D) offers a wide range of highly efficient, integrated system solutions for the mail and postal industry, as well as for the tissue and hygiene industry. With more than 100 years of industry-shaping innovations, W+D has core competence in the converting and processing of thin and in-homogeneous materials—such as paper, tissue and nonwovens—at high speeds and tight tolerances. With innovative and tailor-made system solutions and services, W+D focuses on the entire internal value chain for our customers. Part of the Barry-Wehmiller family, W+D has production and distribution sites in Germany, the Netherlands, Malaysia and the United States, with sales and service support around the world.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
The Field Service Team Leader - Converting Products is responsible for all aspects of Field Service for converting products within W+D North America. The Team Leader ensures that Field Service meets its business goals & financial objectives. This position is responsible for all functions within Field Service, to include:
- Scheduling and leadership of Field Technicians
- Training, development and mentorship of Field Technicians
- Safety training of technicians
- Communicates with customers, establishes timetable, pricing and expectation of services to be delivered, resolves issues and concerns while services are performed and conducts close out meetings.
- Communicates regularly with the factory & service leadership in Germany related to customer support issues and (if needed) factory level support
- Leads First Level and Remote troubleshooting services
- Leads “WDNA University” Training initiatives in North America, including content development, curriculums and promotion of training services
- Manages installation of new and used equipment
- Invoicing and profitability of services provided, including utilization of technicians
- Support and guidance of Business Development Manager – Support Services as it relates to marketing of services and development of products
- Resource planning, including identification of future needs and recruitment and training of Technicians
- Champions the implementation of Lean best practices for the Converting Field Service Group and is responsible for eliminating waste and improving flow of delivery of services.
- In conjunction with WDNA leadership, establish and execute business and strategic plan as it relates to Converting Products Services
- Establish goals, set priorities and coordinate all related activities to Field Service team members to ensure drive and focus towards meeting or exceeding established common business goals and financial objectives.
- Manage the P&L drivers of the converting field service organization to conformance with budgeted performance.
- Manage the business metrics and reporting requirements for converting field service; measure and identify gaps and implement countermeasures
- Collaborate with After Market sales to develop sales strategies designed to achieve profitable sales volume.
- Lead and support the development of team members and participate in succession planning in areas of responsibility.
- Champion Lean culture and practices; act as a strategic liaison and engage with cross-functional teams in continuous improvement projects; build strong alliances across all functions.
- Maintain a safe work environment, a high level of safety awareness and compliance among team.
- Monitor, review and improve work flow for both onsite and remote services and monitor quality related issues and corrective actions as required; address technical product inquiries and lead root cause analyses of customer complaints.
- Embrace and exemplify guiding leadership principles.
Proven Leadership Experience in managing customer service organizations. Lean experience a plus.
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodations during the interview process.Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.