Position Title: Resource Development Manager
Reports to: Senior Vice President, Resource Development
Salary: $45,000 - $50,000
Location: Pikes Peak United Way – 518 N. Nevada Avenue
Division: Resource Development
Classification: Full-time, Exempt
General Functions: The Resource Development Manager is responsible for directing all aspects of corporate and employee engagement, campaigns and stewardship of individual donors within the assigned portfolio. The position will establish, grow and strengthen relationships with employers, donors and internal leadership/influencers to maximize engagement and giving through corporate social responsibility. This position will work with volunteer Employee Campaign Coordinators to create an effective team in building donor relationships, establishing and meeting fundraising goals.
PIKES PEAK UNITED WAY MISSION STATEMENT: To enhance youth success and family stability in the Pikes Peak Region by leading and lifting the most vulnerable in our community with mentorship, life resources and real job opportunities. Our signature programs and partner agencies intently focus on connecting youth and their families to resources at the beginning of their life journey to ensure access to fundamental needs of food, shelter and learning resources for all. #strongertogether
- Develop and implement annual and long-range plans for corporate and individual donor portfolio to include increased giving, participation and engagement.
- Work with volunteer leadership and executive staff to establish and execute customized engagement strategies for portfolio of corporate accounts and donors.
- Develop prospective and maintain current corporate partners and individual donors.
- Utilize Pikes Peak United Way’s CRM system (Andar) for relationship management and data accuracy.
- Present to groups about PPUW’s mission and cause in a variety of businesses/interest groups.
- Review historical data to better understand opportunities for alignment within specific businesses.
- Assist in updating, tracking and processing campaign results.
- Supports volunteer engagement initiatives.
- Understands, develops and communicates a thorough understanding and support for the mission of PPUW.
- Develops and maintains a strong working relationship with other departments.
- Supports and attends PPUW events, including occasional weekends.
- Takes initiative and sees tasks through with minimal supervision.
- Understanding of and ability to regularly access reporting and synthesize research.
- Participation in the development and maintenance of special committees and interest groups.
- Actively engage in business networking opportunities.
- Promote established organizational values among internal and external UW constituents.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Promote a cooperative spirit among coworkers and other partners.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 3 years of progressively responsible experience in the field of account management, fundraising, sales or related field.
- Proficiency in account management, customer service, community relations, sales and marketing, project management, and volunteer management.
- Organizational and interpersonal skills are critical to this position.
- Effective communication and public speaking skills.
- Effective time management is essential along with the ability to multi-task.
- A demonstrated keen sense of relationship building is needed.
- Must be computer proficient and be detail oriented.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as forecasting potential for assigned accounts and new opportunities based on percentage of participation, industry average donor gift and other factors as relevant.
- Experienced knowledge of the Colorado Springs area with strong network of relationships is helpful.
- An understanding of and the need for commitment to community improvement is a must.
CORE COMPETENCIES for ALL UNITED WAY PROFESSIONALS:
- Mission Focused – Communicates effectively “the story” of the organization’s work to engage and energize donors, volunteers, advocates, and all other constituents in the community.
- Relationship Oriented – understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
- Collaborator – understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
- Results-Driven – dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
- Brand Steward – understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
Business office environment; professional dress/attire expected. Physical demands of the position include the ability to talk and hear, prolonged sitting and/or standing, occasional lifting up to 50 pounds and regular use of computer and telephone. The position involves frequent and routine public contact and travel to outside meetings and events. Reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and verifiable automobile insurance are required. Occasional evening and weekend hours are expected.
This posting is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the position.
Pikes Peak United Way is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. It is the policy of Pikes Peak United Way to staff positions with the best-qualified people regardless of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information or any other applicable status protected by federal, state or local law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 - $50,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- One location