At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Looking for an exciting and challenging career? Seeking to enhance your technical skills and become part of a professional team? Wanting to develop client-facing skills? Excited to join a High Tech giant that has been in business for over 100 years, and yet still manages to be on the leading edge. Want to work with and be mentored by true experts who have been in the game since “Business Intelligence” was invented? Want to become an expert yourself?
Join our fast-paced, diverse and cutting-edge team, IBM Business Analytics Customer Success and Support.We help organizations of all sizes make sense of information in the context of their business. The Support team is a highly collaborative team where hard work and achievement is both recognized and rewarded.
We are seeking a Customer Success Analyst who is looking for a stimulating and challenging career at IBM.The analyst is responsible for remote technical support of IBM software and solutions for the Business Analytics business unit across a broad spectrum of IBM Cognos products.
Many of our analysts move onto successful careers in Development, Product Management, or Consulting, others choose to stay within Support organization in consulting, teaching or management roles.
We contribute to the Support department organizational objectives: technical excellence and high customer satisfaction metrics, through a combination of the following behaviors and skills:
- Provide technical assistance to customers using existing knowledge base, through problem determination / trouble shooting and root cause analysis skills.
- Prioritize and understand issues – negotiates with clients as to relative priority.
- Communicates action plans to the customer, and as necessary and appropriate to other internal IBM personnel (Cognos Operations, Management, Development, et al).
Additionally, the analyst may also:
- Recommend and/or implement new solutions or improvements to existing technical support tools, procedures and processes.
- Provide training for and mentor others on the team.
- Contribute to early beta testing of new BA (Cognos) releases.
- Create or enhance knowledge assets for the BA Knowledge Base (how to guides, technical notes or similar).
We are seeking top talent individuals with these key characteristics:
- Proven collaboration and problem solving skills
- Analytical thinking and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of operating systems (Windows, Linux, and UNIX platforms ideally)
- Familiarity with relational databases (e.g., DB2, Oracle, MS SQL Server)
- Familiarity with web deployment, CGI applications and servlets
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 3 years experience in Databases e.g., DB2, MS SQL, Oracle
- At least 1 year experience in web deployment, CGI applications and servlets
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Experience or knowledge of Cognos
- English: Fluent
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Knowledge or exposure to any other “business intelligence” vendors would be considered an asset
- Experience in a customer facing role
- French: Fluent
Must have the ability to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Key Job Details Country/Region:CA State:ONTARIO City:Markham Category:Software Development & Support Required Education:Associate's Degree/College Diploma Position Type:Professional Employment Type:Full-Time Contract Type:Regular Company:(0026) IBM Canada Limited – IBM Canada Limitee Req ID:397930BR Travel Required:Up to 10% or 1 day a week