- 5+ years of Information Technology sales experience selling directly to DoD customers
- 5+ years of experience selling to Department of the Navy customers
- 7+ years of tracking meeting records and exceeding sales quota
- 3+ years of presentation (strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations)
As a Sales Representative within Amazon Web Services (AWS) focusing on the US Navy, you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon’s utility computing web services (Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon RDS, etc). Your broad responsibilities will include developing and managing a growing book of business across the Navy. You will lead development of business and technical relationships and close business at a rapid rate by helping to define, identify, pursue, and close key opportunities.
You will establish deep business and technical relationships through your knowledge of the customer’s mission and the environment. You will have day-to-day interactions with these agencies. The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at senior military and civilian levels, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with staff officers, contracting officials, software developers, and architects. You should also have a demonstrated the ability to think strategically about the mission, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
For more information, visit https://aws.amazon.com/government-education/defense/
- Experience working within the virtualization, security and/or cloud computing industry highly desired
- Knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of cloud computing with the ability to go deep enough on technical aspects to differentiate between Cloud providers
- Deep knowledge of and relationships with the Federal Systems Integrator and Business Partner ecosystem supporting the US Navy
- Bachelors Degree and/or Computer Science or Math background highly desired
- Self-motivated with a great sense of urgency and follow-through.
- This position prefers that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity