JOB TITLE: NIGHT CENTER STORE CS CLERK REPORTS TO: NIGHT ASST. CENTER STORE MGR.
Night Center Store Customer Service Clerk Summary
I measure my success as a Night Center Store Customer Service Clerk by the following:
- I strive daily to exceed my customers’ expectations by providing a positive first impression, determining actual needs, delivering real solutions, adding value where I can, and leaving the customer with a lasting positive last impression. I know by following the Reasor’s Service Model, I do make a difference.
- I respect my customer , and those I work with, and this empowers me to do my very best to deliver a quality customer experience for each customer, and to assist those I work with in doing the same.
- My fellow employees and I work to ensure that our department meets the high standards set out for us, and that we deliver on every aspect of the Reasor’s Value Proposition daily.
- I adhere to the grocery department’s merchandising plans and standards so that my customer will find what they are looking for with ease, and will be excited and delighted by all the other possibilities available to them.
- My fellow employees and I follow Reasor’s policies and procedures as we go about our daily tasks knowing that this creates a safe and secure place to work and shop.
- My safety, my customer’s safety and the safety of those I work with is my first responsibility, and by following the procedures in place, and using the training provided, I go about my daily business mindful I have control over my safety and the safety of others.
- I execute Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
Night Center Store Customer Service Clerk: What I Do, How I Do It, and Why I Do It
As a Night Center Store Customer Service Clerk, this is what I do:
Grocery Department Operations - I support and follow all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) supporting grocery department operations including department readiness, staffing, supervision, price maintenance, policies and procedures, inventory preparation, department financial goals and objectives, department cleanliness, and safe use of equipment and tools.
Replenishment & Inventory Procedures - I support and follow replenishment and inventory Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) including ordering, replenishment, receiving, invoicing and accounting, back stock, reclamation and returns, damages and reworks, supply use and inventory preparation.
Merchandising and Sales Floor Standards – I supportand followmerchandising and sales floor Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) including proper stocking, rotation, signing, setting and maintaining displays, sampling and overall department zoning procedures.
Conscientiousness/Quality Orientation - Throughout daily operations, avoids potential risk or loss to self, others and the organization by following and executing on all established policies, safety, food safety, loss prevention, SOP standards, company programs, and training provided. Habitually keeps a clean and organized work area and shows up on time with the proper tools and attire. Systematically pays attention to detail, applies his or her best effort, and is thorough with completeness of work.
Problem Solving - Proactively uses critical thinking skills and logic to effectively obtain answers to problems (as appropriate, on one's own). Weighs both positive and negative consequences prior to making decisions. Uses all necessary resources in order to make good, timely decisions.
As a Night Center Store Customer Service Clerk, this is how I do it:
Building Relationships - Initiates and engages in polite, warm, and respectful conversation with co-workers and customers. Empathizes with others and always considers things from other people's perspectives. Sincerely cares about the well-being of others and engages in activities that show compassion and goodwill.
Integrity - Follows all Reasor's standards for personal responsibility, including always acting honestly and ethically. Consistently demonstrates a "no excuse" approach to one's own attitude and actions. Does not hide mistakes, owns up to errors quickly, and acts to remedy the error.
Cultural Enthusiasm - Acts consistently in accordance with Reasor's values and beliefs. Is knowledgeable about the company's basic history - adheres to the principals found within the Reasor's "Bring the Table to Life" Booklet and Service Model. Is accepting of others and treats others equally regardless of individual differences.
As a Night Center Store Customer Service Clerk, this is why I do it:
Customer Focus - Completely understands what delivering great customer service entails (Reasor's Service Model/"Bring the Table to Life" Booklet) for his or her position and the team. Proactively assists customers and makes them feel special by anticipating and recognizing customer needs and preferences. Energetically educates customers about products and services that Reasor's offers, serves as a "Food Guide".
Supporting Reasor’s Mission Statement – With respect and support from my peers and supervisors, I strive daily
to exceed my customers’ expectations in an effort to support the Reasor’s Mission Statement, “Depend on us to be
the best place to work and shop.
Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent preferred.
No previous experience required.
Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
Adaptable to different situations and the ability to respond with flexibility to shifting priorities and rapid change.
Ability to interpret, understand and follow instructions.
Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner.
Moves, lifts, carries and places merchandise and supplies weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance.
Frequently reaches overhead and below the knees, including pushing, pulling, squatting, kneeling, bending, stooping, crouching and twisting with or without bearing weight. Occasionally required to climb and/or crawl.
Continuous repetitive motion with hand(s) and arm(s), such as grasping, gripping and turning.
Stands and/or walks continuously throughout shift.
Visually locates merchandise and other objects, at near and/or far distances, as well as verifies information, often in small print.
May be exposed to all weather conditions (hot, cold, rain, snow, ice and wind) as well as, inside work with variations in heat, cold, dust and humidity.
May be exposed to cleaning solvents or other chemicals.
May be exposed to latex, eggs, nuts, soy and wheat.
Employment at Reasor’s may be contingent upon completion and our evaluation of a personality assessment, drug screen, employment reference check and criminal background check.