REVOLT Media & TV creates and curates the best in hip-hop culture and engages youth in social conversation – on-air, on-line, and on-demand. This unapologetically hip-hop,
multi-platform network offers original and acquired programming for linear and digital platforms as well as live events and activations across the country.
The Client Services Account Director is the advocate and main point-of-contact between the client and our internal teams. They provide superior experience, a strong perspective in leadership, and ensure that all client needs are being met. Our Account Directors hold accountability for the health of the client businesses and are often the first point of escalation for clients. Strong financial understanding, and experience pricing, pitching and winning business is a must. This role includes leading net-new business opportunities for the agency.
The Account Director will stay abreast of industry and culture data to ensure a positive overall customer experience.
What You’ll Do:
Responsible for client portfolio and growing revenue opportunities with a clear understanding of our product value
- Ensure the health of the business (client satisfaction and profitability to agency)
- Serve as an expert on the client’s business and industry (including direct and indirect competitors)
- Maintain and track account notes; provide timely updates and key account metrics on monthly/quarterly projects
- Manage, mentor & develop future staff of account managers
- Develop input Briefs for major initiatives
- Investigate and assuage client concerns related to agency and work to resolve them with the appropriate cross-functional leads
- Partner with cross functional agency and REVOLT teams like ad sales, insights, production, etc.
- Lead client presentations for new initiatives with cross-functional experts
- Partner to establish agency pitch decks, website, and other marketing collateral
- Identify key programs that should be showcased and ensure we develop case studies for recent work
- Identify opportunities to drive agency authority and thought leadership through award submissions.
- Identify and suggest process improvements that will further streamline internal operations to improve ability to meet deadlines and provide superior client service
- Collaborate with project management/production team on major fee negotiations and upcoming work
- Forecast revenue with Finance and Ad Sales team
- Ensure agency is updated regularly on client’s business
- Provide POV as the work goes into the engine at major milestones and when it becomes the final product to determine if it delivers on the objectives and strategy set forth initially
- Lead integration with partner agencies
Who You Are:
Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Marketing, Advertising or other relevant degree
- Minimum 7 years prior Agency experience as an Account Manager or Supervisor creating print, linear and digital campaigns for multicultural markets
- Proactive and passionate about providing exceptional customer service
- Resourceful, adaptable and organized with excellent problem-solving skills
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
- Collaborative, team focused with ability to build rapport and trust with internal teams and clients.
- Timely and successful in delivering clients solutions exceeding client expectations
- Strong analytic skills and in depth understanding of consumer behaviors and industry trends
- Ability to travel and work weekends occasionally
Advertising Agency: 7 years (Preferred)
- Project Coordination: 1 year (Required)