SECTION I: GENERAL OVERVIEW AND REPORTING
The Siplast Field Sales Representative (FSR) is a second-level training position responsible for assisting the Senior Territory Manager or Regional Sales Director in the promotion and sales of Siplast products, and all aspects of general administration within the District. A sales area may be defined, with the Field Sales Representative being accountable for sales and budget results within that area, while working closely with the Senior Territory Manager to ensure adherence to company standards and guidelines. This position reports directly to the Senior Territory Manager or Regional Sales Director and generally requires the establishment of, and operation from, an in-home office.
SECTION II: DUTIES AND AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
The Field Sales Representative will be trained in, and responsible for, assisting the Senior Territory Manager in the following:
- Product sales, accomplished primarily through specification selling to major owners, architects, roofing consultants, and roofing contractors. Includes identification of prospective jobs and decision-making individual, timely contact, and effective follow-up. Also includes proper use of sales and promotional tools provided by the company and the development of additional tools, such as local job photos, testimonials, references, etc.
- Assist with the management of the contractor base including regular business review meetings, training of contractor crews, and monitoring of Siplast applications.
- Technical services, including development and/or review of roofing specifications for prospective jobs, participation in pre-job meetings (when required), conduct periodic job/rooftop inspections (in progress, final, two-year, as required), and basic troubleshooting. Work closely with local field technical representative in prioritizing and managing technical needs of his/her sales area.
- Budget management, including sales and related business expenses, to ensure that all territory expenses are within defined limits, and policies followed.
- Participate in the development and preparation of the sales budget and forecast for the territory and/or district. As experience increases, these responsibilities may shift to the FSR, with the Senior Territory Manager’s input and approval.
- General administration, including timely completion of all administrative reports required (expense reports, prospect lists, job quotes, shipping forecasts, call reports, activity reports, guarantee forms, factory warehouse inventory reports, etc.) per established guidelines and time frames).
- Pricing administration, including maximizing price on each job, proper and timely documentation for pricing, and responsible determination for required pricing deviations, based upon job size, competitive threat, specification rigidity, etc.
- Participate in credit administration, including assisting the Senior Territory Manager, as required, in maintaining all accounts in a "current" or "acceptable" status.
- Field Safety
- Participate in safety training & complete by deadlines
- Adhere to Job Site Safety Practices & Mfg. Plant Safety Practices
- Wear appropriate PPE for jobsite & manufacturing facilities (i.e. hardhat, safety glasses, reflective vest, work boots, gloves, appropriate clothing, etc.)
- Exercise rooftop & ladder safety precautions
- Adhere to company policies concerning driver safety and cell phone usage (i.e. use of hands-free devices, no texting while driving, etc.)
- Exercise safe driving practices
- Follow jobsite safety standards as prescribed by contractor or building owner
- Report a job-related injury to HR immediately
SECTION III: NECESSARY SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Professional image – appearance and demeanor
- Siplast product knowledge or 1+ years equivalent roofing product knowledge
- Self-disciplined and motivated (initiative)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to establish business relationships
- Confidence, assertiveness, tenacity, and resiliency
- Effective time management skills
- Solid communication skills – both verbal & written
- Sales ability and persuasiveness
- Face to face sales call experience
- Independence/ability to work on own
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and an insurable driving record
- Ability to travel as necessary (depending on sales area, could average 3 – 4 overnights/month)
- Ability to have and maintain a credit card for business-related expenses
SECTION IV: PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to drive car and travel as necessary without assistance (travel may be extensive during the first year of training)
- Ability to climb ladders, work with heights, and demonstrate roof applications
- Must have the ability to work in outdoor conditions (including high/low temperatures, wind, dust, humidity, etc.)
- Visual acuity to perform inspections, read computer screens, documents, etc.
- Manual dexterity to perform data entry, filing, and site inspections
- Ability to hear and speak on the phone
- Ability to bend, pull, and reach to perform filing functions
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs (booth, sample boxes, products, etc.)
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and levels of the work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
At Siplast, we believe our employees are our greatest resource. We offer competitive salary, benefits, and vacation package for all full-time permanent positions. Siplast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without need for employer-sponsored visa (work permit).
If you are an internal employee, please do not apply here. Please click on the Careers bubble in Workday, which can be accessed via the HR Portal.
Job Type: Full-time