135K - 160K Base Salary + Bonus
The focus of this position is to improve the organization’s North American market position and deliver scalable and sustainable Sales growth opportunities. The primary role of the Sales Director is to prospect new clients by networking, executing unsolicited sales calls, and using other Sales and Marketing methods to generate interest from potential clients. The successful candidate will recruit, build, and develop an internal sales team and develop required functional department key performance indicators, procedures, and policies. The ideal candidate must have prior experience with Sales of chassis and rubber parts to Automotive OEM’s and Tier suppliers, along with industrial rubber parts experience. This role will work closely with the Operations, Engineering, and Finance functions of the organization
- Build and develop an internal sales organization
- Prospect for new clients and generate new quotation opportunities
- Develop new Sales channels to generate scalable and sustainable growth opportunities
- Identify new and existing client decision makers within targeted organizations
- Lead and oversee the activities of any company external Sales representatives
- Design and implement a strategic Sales plan that expands the company client base, market position, and industry diversification
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting client relationships by partnering with them to understand their evolving needs and assess the company’s relationship with them
- Identify emerging markets, market shifts, and trends to ensure the company is adapting to satisfy client needs
- Research market and client needs to identify how the company’s product solutions meet them
- Ensure new client prequalification requirements are completed to successfully be added to sourcing lists
- Work with internal functional departments to execute completion of client request for quotations (RFQ’s)
- Negotiate with clients to secure new business purchase orders
- Identify ways to increase client satisfaction
- Using knowledge of the market, clients, and competitors, identify, develop, and communicate the company’s value proposition
- Attend industry functions, trade events, and conferences and provide feedback to the Executive Management Team on market conditions and trends
- Support the annual budget and strategic planning process by providing detailed sales projections/forecasts
- Develop Sales key performance indicators (KPI’s)
- Track Sales goals and report results as required
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client meetings
- Provide training and development plans to support the growth of the sales team employees
- Develop and implement required policies and processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or relevant field of study.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Prior experience with Sales to Automotive OEM’s and Tier suppliers.
- Minimum 10 years Business-to-Business Sales experience, with 5+ years in a leadership Sales position.
- Advanced Microsoft Office and CRM software experience (Salesforce preferred) are needed for responsibilities and duties.
- Continual education training required to remain current in industry, state, and federal regulatory standards and compliances pertaining to multiple overall Operational responsibilities, functions, and technologies.
#sales #director #salesdirector #automotive #directhire #salesforce #northamerica #troy #michigan
You’re looking to keep your career moving onward and upward, and we’re here to help you do just that. Our financial staffing experts will connect you with premier companies for opportunities where you can learn, grow, and thrive. Jobs that fit your skills and experience, and most importantly, fit right on your path of where you want to go in in your career. It all adds up.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]]