Looking for a way to make an impact and help people?
Join PacificSource and help our members access quality, affordable care!
PacificSource is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Diversity and Inclusion: PacificSource values the diversity of the people we hire and serve. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and fostering a workplace in which individual differences are appreciated, respected and responded to in ways that fully develop and utilize each person’s talents and strengths.
The Manager of Administrative Services is the primary business segment leader for PacificSource’s growing portfolio of self-funded and Administrative Services. Working closely with executive leadership for Commercial Programs and Sales, provide strategic leadership enabling PacificSource to achieve its growth, retention, account management, financial and other targets. Key areas of focus will include working with a cross functional team of internal departments, oversee both the strategic and the day-to-day administration for Self-funded and Administrative Services. Other key areas of focus include streamlining PacificSource’s self-funded operations, enhancing the competitive differentiation of administrative services capabilities, improving the effectiveness and efficiency of administration while maintaining compliance with applicable state and federal regulation. Develop a strong partnership with Sales and Service, toward shared goals of executing self-funded growth initiatives and retention of profitable membership.
- Serve as the enterprise subject matter expert and ensure that our Administrative Services are in compliance with state and federal regulatory requirements.
- Work in close collaboration with Sales, lead the on-boarding of large and jumbo self-funded employer groups and student health plans.
- Provide leadership and guidance regarding Self-funded administrative services and strategies in collaboration with leadership from Population Health, Behavioral Health, Provider Network and Marketing Communications.
- Work with the Vice President of Commercial Programs and the Vice President of Sales to set strategy and performance targets.
- Monitor progress towards key performance metrics, including market share, financial performance, quality and operations.
- Lead Self-Funded operations workgroup.
- Responsible for oversight, management, development, implementation, and communication of department programs.
- Responsible for hiring, staff development, coaching, performance reviews, corrective actions, and termination of employees. Provide feedback, including regular one-on-ones and performance evaluations, for direct reports.
- Develop annual department budgets. Monitor spending versus the planned budgeted throughout the year and take corrective action where needed.
- Coordinate business activities by maintaining collaborative partnerships with key departments.
- Responsible for process improvement and working with other departments to improve interdepartmental processes. Utilize lean methodologies for continuous improvement. Utilize visual boards and daily huddles to monitor key performance indicators and identify improvement opportunities.
- Actively participate as a key team member in Manager/Supervisor meetings.
- Actively participate in various strategic and internal committees in order to disseminate information within the organization and represent company philosophy.
- Meet department and company performance and attendance expectations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Work Experience: Minimum of 4 years in Marketing/Sales and/or health insurance products required. Self-funded administration experience highly preferred . At least 2 years of supervisory/management experience required.
Education, Certificates, Licenses: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Health Administration or other commensurate industry experience is required.
Active Life and Health Producer license in Oregon, Idaho, and Montana or the ability to obtain within three months of employment.
Knowledge: Ability to gain and m aintain industry leading knowledge of sales, rating, underwriting, TPA functions, ERISA laws, state regulations COBRA, HIPAA, and IRS Section 125 regulatory requirements. Ability to gain and m aintain comprehensive knowledge of administrative services market place and industry trends. Knowledge of Federal and relevant State legislative and regulatory requirements. Knowledge of health payer administration, sales, customer service, finance and operations. Strategic planning and business plan development experience. Proficient in Microsoft Office software (Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word). Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team with strong relationship building skills.
Environment: Work inside in a general office setting with ergonomically configured equipment. Travel is required approximately 20% of the time.
- We are committed to doing the right thing.
- We are one team working toward a common goal.
- We are each responsible for customer service.
- We practice open communication at all levels of the company to foster individual, team and company growth.
- We actively participate in efforts to improve our many communities-internally and externally.
- We actively work to advance social justice, equity, diversity and inclusion in our workplace, the healthcare system and community.
- We encourage creativity, innovation, and the pursuit of excellence.
Physical Requirements: Stoop and bend. Sit and/or stand for extended periods of time while performing core job functions. Repetitive motions to include typing, sorting and filing. Light lifting and carrying of files and business materials. Ability to read and comprehend both written and spoken English. Communicate clearly and effectively.
Disclaimer: This job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position and is subject to change. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. Employment remains AT-WILL at all times.