Responsibilities: In this role, you will establish, build, and maintain positive relationships with clients and project delivery partners, primarily in the Federal Government market, with the assistance of other leaders across the firm. The primary responsibility is to develop and implement strategies that market the company to build business. This individual will be responsible for increasing awareness of our company in the marketplace, market expansion, development of new business and new relationships, and maintaining existing relationships. The BD Manager will also be responsible for motivating and mentoring local staff and select national staff to participate in business development efforts.
Your responsibilities will include:
Assists the Managing Directors in developing, communicating, and implementing the Federal Government business development plan
- Researches Federal Government market clients and project opportunities to determine where to focus business development efforts. Walter P Moore has purchased an annual license for a service that may support these efforts – Bloomberg Government. Bloomberg Government can be used to identify, track, and distribute to staff opportunities.
- Creates a strategy/capture plan for targeted client and project pursuits
- Responds to client’s requests for qualifications and proposals and oversees the development and delivery of qualifications, proposals and presentations, working with our marketing and marketing coordinator team and others
- Submits and maintains client contacts and activities in our CRM system
- Manages and performs business development initiatives and activities in the structures group.
- Generates new projects by developing and maintaining relationships with existing and/or new clients and project delivery partners through promoting WPM’s services in the local and national markets (e.g., client entertainment, professional groups, etc.)
- Actively participates in appropriate Federal Government industry, professional, and community organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Experience with federal formal proposal preparation processes with the ability to train and lead a multidisciplinary team in preparing a final sales document or presentation
- Experience with developing and maintaining effective internal and external business relationships with clients and industry partners; AEC industry experience preferred
- Ability to work in a matrix management structure
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with senior management and key government clients
Candidates located in the Washington, DC metro area are preferred
Walter P Moore is an equal employment opportunity employer, and provides equal employment opportunities (including offering competitive compensation and benefit packages) to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to any characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws._
Overview: Walter P Moore is an international company of engineers, innovators, and creative people who solve some of the world’s most complex structural and infrastructure challenges. Providing structural, diagnostics, civil, water resources, traffic, transportation engineering, and parking consulting services, we design solutions that are cost- and resource-efficient, forward-thinking, and help support and shape our communities. Founded in 1931, we are headquartered in Houston, Texas and have more than 700+ professionals working across 21 U.S. offices and 5 international locations.
Job Type: Full-time