The Director, Customer Operations is a customer facing position responsible for all operations related customer interactions supporting delivery and related logistics services. The key metrics for this role will be on time delivery (OTD) to customer request and overall Customer Satisfaction. This role will support customers on an on-going basis to provide all order administration support, required reporting, and any related operational services our customers require to be successful. He/she will proactively identify bottlenecks in the order process and/or order fulfillment process and finds ways to reduce them to meet and exceed customer expectations. Ultimately, his/her job is to ensure customers receive products and/or service quickly and in the most cost-effective manner.
- Act as the point of contact in operations for our Sales team
- Responsible for all aspects of operations related to supporting Inseego customer account’s
- Develop key performance metrics and dashboards related to on time delivery (OTD) and Customer success with a focus on performance improvement drivers
- Build and help standardize internal business process for all order administration and related ERP/MRP processes supporting customer delivery; specifically, all Quote to Cash (Q2C) and Procure to Pay (P2P) processes
- Build and improve reporting for all customer interfacing information and systems and support internal customer business reviews
- Own the end-to-end process of tracking and delivering on all incoming customer orders; deliver regular insights to the business
- Create and maintain documentation on order processes, policies and relevant sales training materials and assist with onboarding new sales talent
- Identify and eliminate order process bottlenecks, inefficiencies and inconsistencies
- Lead and/or participate in cross functional projects, including but not limited to, Live Chat implementation, customer service improvement, and business systems implementation
- Own Customer Intimacy program, including interviewing Customers and reporting feedback as actionable items to Executive Leadership team
- Support team in working with all 3rd Party Logistics and Order Fulfillment partners
- Escalation of issues related to customer orders to internal team member to clear obstacles
- Support all customer order management including booking sales orders, inventory mgt, and scheduling product delivery to customer
- Supply planning support; review of inventory on hand vs open sales orders; support S&O
- Support the preparation & communication of customer schedules to internal personnel and customer facing points of contact
- Demonstrated success in sales ops, business ops, customer support or similar role
- 5 years of direct customer interface experience in a sales, operations, or logistics type role
- Experience in a project or program management role related to business operations is helpful
- Analytical and demonstrated ability to extract key business insights through data analysis.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks; proven strong organizational and project management skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Track record in driving change and removing hurdles in fast growth organizations by working cross-functionally with Sales, Product Marketing, Finance, Operations and IT.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presenting to C-level executives
- Agile self-starter who can work independently and collaboratively
- Advanced Excel skills are required
- Experience with ERP/MRP, CRM, PLM, and related business tools
- Bachelor’s degree. Advanced technical degree or MBA desirable.
- 5+ years experience in order administration preferably in a HW technology company
- Experience building and/or managing an order administration or project/program management team
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Job Type: Full-time