Over the past four years, Flowspace has created one of the largest on-demand modern omnichannel fulfillment networks in the country, powered by cloud and mobile technology. We enable hundreds of brands and retailers to dynamically store, fulfill and ship products seamlessly to consumers nationwide from +200 locations. Join us in our mission to transform a $100 billion warehouse and logistics industry. Flowspace is backed by Canvas Ventures, Moment Ventures, BuildGroup, Y Combinator, and other prominent angels.
Software Engineer I position designs and develops software applications. They will performs coding, debugging, testing and troubleshooting throughout the application development process. Direction and guidance on projects will be provided by Senior Engineer team members. The role will be tasked with executing full lifecycle software development, programming well-designed, testable, efficient code, producing specifications and determine operational feasibility.
While our headquarters is located in Los Angeles, we are open to hiring remotely for this role, within the United States.
What You'll Do:
- Write and ship code daily. You’ll work closely with the entire team to ensure our customers and internal team have the functionality they need to get the job done.
- Own what you build, get creative with your solutions, write tests, and contribute directly to our core product, focusing on quality outcomes.
- Be self sufficient. We don’t micromanage, we're happy to guide and direct as needed, but we empower you to be in charge of your own work.
- Reimagine how an industry works and offer potential new ideas, solutions and ways to stay competitive. We are creating clean, beautiful software in a market dominated by outdated enterprise solutions.
Who We're Looking For:
- Please note! For these roles, we do REQUIRE Rails (Ruby on Rails / RoR) experience as a minimum requirement.
- You will write code, collect and manage feedback from teammates and product managers, implement APIs, and internally prioritize your workload.
- You have strong architecture skills and an eye for aesthetics and strong CS fundamental knowledge.
- You have a go getter attitude, ability to work across teams, and a desire to solve problems.
- We move fast, we’re loud, we change quickly, and we push ourselves. We are looking for someone with the same drive and enthusiasm.
- Logistics /Fulfillment industry experience
- React experience
Benefits / Why You Want To Join our Team!
- Meaningful equity in a venture backed start-up
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, vision, dental, and life insurance, including other fringe perks
- 401K Matching
- A clear success path within the company. We want you to grow and lead with us!
Please note: * We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless otherwise directed or approved by our HR, Recruiting Department. Please do not forward resumes to our hiring managers or offices. Flowspace is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications, that have not first been approved.
At Flowspace, we know that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be, and we strive to hire and retain talent that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skill sets.
We are committed to equal opportunity employment and we take pride in encouraging diversity, equity, and inclusion across all of our teams, without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and religious grooming practices), sex, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, medical condition (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital, parental or registered domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, transgender status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time