Job Title: Inside Sales Representative - Rockford Branch
Department: 800 – Inside Sales Reports to: Branch Manager
Effective Date: 08/2021
Level/Grade: Type: Status: Full Time
Position Summary: The Inside Sales Representative is responsible for the sales and promotion of our complete line of pipe, valves, fittings, and products while increasing company sales by developing strong customer relationships, generating new leads, resolving customer issues, and supporting marketing initiatives. You will assist both the inside and outside account managers to maximize revenue and deliver exceptional customer service.
- Create and maintain a positive customer service culture (internal and external).
- Providing quotes to customers based on technical product specifications.
- Support the Outside Sales team with a positive customer service experience through timely quotations and order processing.
- Fielding customer phone calls and communicating with customers to meet their needs.
- Providing outstanding customer service by following up on orders and expediting when necessary.
- Working with management and outside sales representatives to ensure customer’s needs are being met.
- Work with vendors and manufacturer partners to grow our relationships and learn when new products and technology are available.
- Review daily reports to ensure that backorders are filled on a timely basis and customer is completely satisfied.
- Collaboration with purchasing for sourcing non-stock items when inventory is not available.
- Closing sales both directly with customers and alongside the Outside Sales team.
- Providing friendly and helpful customer service.
- Coordinating quotations and sales orders through the Company’s sales software SX in collaboration with our warehouse management software TWL.
- Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, and continuous quality improvement objectives.
- Managing customer projects through their duration to ensure all customer/project needs are met.
- Market, promote, and understand all the Company’s Service-related items that are available.
- Helping support the warehouse, sales counter and will call to ensure a positive customer experience when necessary.
- Assist in maintaining the cleanliness of the facility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Requires strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Requires the ability to effectively build rapport with both internal and external customers.
- Requires a positive attitude and the ability to function both independently and in a team setting.
- Must possess strong mathematical aptitude.
- Must be able to prioritize multiple responsibilities and manage time effectively.
- General Computer Skills including Microsoft Office
- Service Minded
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, assign effective priorities to tasks, and operate with a certain level of autonomy.
- Excellent written, verbal, and phone communication skills.
Required Experience and Education:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required.
- 5+ years of sales experience within the commercial PVF industry is required.
- Prior experience in sales HVAC, Boiler Hydronic Heating systems is required.
- Prior customer service experience.
- Frequently required to sit, stand, and walk.
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25pounds.
- Requires visual, hearing, and speech acuity.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time