At Highwire PR, we are entrepreneurs, makers, and explorers. We are committed to fostering an inclusive agency environment, where every employee can be seen, heard, and valued. We believe in taking and owning a seat at the table, and the equal importance of creating empowered spaces for diverse storytellers. We seek to hire, develop, and retain talented professionals from a wide range of backgrounds. Applicants from historically marginalized or underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
- Media/Influencer Relations
- Strong relationships particularly with business, broadcast and influencer media and ability to direct staff to develop the same.
- Strong grasp and creative use of social media channels to engage and support efforts.
- Ongoing engagement of media for the agency (e.g. blog Q&A, lunch talks, etc.)
- Experience measuring the ROI of communications activities.
- Experience with social media influencer engagement, content campaigns, and media coverage amplification.
- Deliver exemplary client service for specified clients.
- This will include: Developing and maintaining a strong working relationship with the client who listens and values your advice.
- Developing a strong working knowledge of your clients’ business, their competitors and relevant industry bodies.
- Identifying key messages and audiences and developing strategic communications plans.
- Delivering projects and campaigns on time and on budget.
- Understanding the financials of each account, the allocated hours per month vs. actual fee and managing the accounts according to the resulting servicing levels.
- Proactively communicating regularly with clients on status of deliverables and budget.
- Identify relevant opportunities to secure organic growth and hit your revenue targets.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with appropriate members of the media.
- Keep abreast of market trends, new technologies and client needs.
- Own account management to ensure monthly client billing is accurate, client expenses are recouped, and accounts are current.
- In addition to leading strategic planning efforts, fully partake in the execution of the programs we develop, as determined appropriate by account, including but not limited to writing/editing, media relations, social media, digital communications and crisis work.
- Be an ambassador for the agency.
- Writing Proficiencies
- Ability to generate a plan for a campaign or an entire PR program.
- Ability to generate and edit award submissions, press releases, fact sheets, backgrounders, biographies, tour reports, briefing books, contributed articles, speaking opportunity abstracts, pitches, Q&As, company memorandum and general team correspondence; also responsible for their production and assembly.
- Professional, articulate and timely client communication.
- Development of consistent, creative, successful pitches.
- Maintain 3-4 direct reports, assist in development of goals for reports, deliver annual reviews and quarterly check ins.
- Contribute toward company growth by participating in new business development and generating excellent client case studies.
- Drive initiatives to identify new business opportunities. Identify, attend and encourage others to attend networking events.
- Maintain a respectful, enthusiastic, and professional attitude towards coworkers, clients, and outside colleagues and lead team by example.
- Support teams and manage up and down.
- Responsible use of flexible work policies. Uses Highwire social channels; writes for Highwire blog.
- Mentor junior staff to elevate development.
- Proactively set up quarterly goals with principal; track against goals and demonstrate growth
- Effectively prioritize responsibilities based on impact, timelines, workflow and client goals.
- Drive projects forward independently, eliminating the need for managers to consistent check in re: follow through/ task completion. Identify areas for self-improvement and bring suggestions and solutions to management.
- Consistently hit deadlines or give enough notice if you won’t.
- Attends regular networking events.
- At least 7 years PR agency experience
- Record of high academic achievement with good degree and A level results, particularly English and/or Business
- Core consumer brand PR background with some knowledge of corporate PR and crisis management
- Experience of running a reactive and proactive press office and handling incoming press enquiries
- Experience measuring the ROI of communications activities
- Experience with social media influencer engagement, content campaigns, and media coverage amplification
- Excellent publicity skills – a strong understanding of the media, editorial requirements and what ‘makes’ a story
- Ability to demonstrate creativity and innovative thinking
- A wide network of national consumer and business as well as regional contacts across a broad spectrum of media
- Experience in delivering impactful PR campaigns from inception through to delivery with a strong cuttings folder to prove it!
- Ability to build relationships internally and externally, interfacing at all levels
- Superior people and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Team player who works well under pressure
- Thrives in an environment of flexibility and change
- Competitive salary
- Merit-based bonuses and promotions
- Hybrid work model to suit your schedule and lifestyle
- Excellent vacation policy including extended break for summer and winter holiday
- Highwire offices close at 3pm every Friday
- 401K Match
- Medical and dental benefits/ FSA
- Paid Parental Leave
- Commuter Benefit
- Home office equipment stipend
- Curiosity Stipend of $100 annually for books, exhibitions, etc.
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Wellness benefit
- Calm Meditation App
- Donation Match
- Full-time writing Coach
- Monthly recognition programs
- Employee referral bonus
- New business referral bonus
- Quarterly Highwire fun events – Thanksgiving is our favorite holiday
- Dog friendly work environment
- Extremely supportive, nurturing environment with many opportunities for learning and growth
If you are the breakout candidate we seek, please apply now by uploading your resume.