Business Analyst (OIPA)
Equisoft is searching for a hands-on business analyst who will be responsible for requirements gathering, functional analysis, as well as support in planning and coordination of project activities.
Working as part of a project team, the business analyst will work closely with clients and act as liaison between the project team and the client. The analyst will be required to gather formal requirements from the clients and translate those requirements into clearly defined deliverables for the implementation team. The business analyst is expected to become a subject matter expert in the area of insurance as well as in the Equisoft platform being implemented.
If you have experience in the insurance industry, enjoy new technologies, are eager to optimize and simplify business processes, and can explain complex notions to non-technical people and key stakeholders, send us your resume!
A DAY IN YOUR LIFE
- Drive requirement sessions with the client around policy administration business processes, technical processes, and non-functional requirements
- Translate insurance product requirements into business and functional requirements, and translate insurance business processes, market practices, and other client business needs into specific software requirements
- Work with the team leads and client Subject Matter Experts to identify and document solutions, define the project scope, project estimates and timelines
- Present and recommend solutions to clients that meet their business needs
- Support the project manager and development team by owning the documentation of the detailed business requirements, sprint planning, backlog grooming, and identifying out of scope requirements and change requests
University Degree or commensurate experience, and the ability to communicate, write and synthesize information. Formal business analysis experience is a definite asset
- Comprehensive understanding of Life and Health insurance products and processes. Understanding of group insurance is an asset
- Experience working with insurance policy administration systems, e-applications, or illustrations, and the ability to learn how insurance products and processes are implemented on one or several of Equisoft’s platforms
- Experience with OIPA (Oracle Insurance Policy Administration) or Equisoft products is an asset
- Strong organizational skills with a proven ability to prioritize activities effectively
- Excellent knowledge of English (spoken and written). Knowledge of Spanish or French is an asset
- Understanding of the software development cycle. Some technical knowledge is an asset
- Ability to travel domestically and/or internationally
Comprehensive benefits packages
Flexible work schedules & collaborative work spaces
- Various social and team activities
We thank you for your interest in our company and we guarantee that all submitted applications will be considered.
Only those whose applications are selected will be contacted for interview purposes. By submitting your application, you consent to Equisoft collecting, using & storing your personal data in order to apply for a job and for Equisoft to analyze your application. Due to the nature of its products and services, Equisoft will perform thorough background checks prior to confirming one’s employment.