Benefits Specialist - Contract Role
Friday, August 6, 2021
Williston Financial Group (WFG) is the Portland, Oregon-based parent company of several national title insurance and settlement services providers, including WFG Lender Services and WFG National Title Insurance Company. One of only six national underwriters, WFG achieved a national footprint faster than any title insurance provider in history. The WFG family of companies offers full-service title insurance and settlement services for use in residential and commercial mortgage and real estate transactions nationwide. For more information, visit www.WFGNationalTitle.com.
Essential Job Functions:
- Engage in WFG company culture that emphasizes engagement in our 4 Cs, quality of work and high performance.
- Administer employee benefits programs such as major medical plans; HMO plans; dental plans; term life insurance plans; temporary disability programs; FSA/S125 plans and accidental death policies. Assists in retirement plans as needed.
- Complete new employee enrollments, COBRA, terminations, changes, beneficiaries, disability, accident and death claims.
- Track employee changes, reconcile and process monthly billings for payment of all group plans.
- Review group health and dental claims quarterly.
- Assist in developing specifications for new plans or modifications to existing plans in order to maintain company's competitive position in labor market.
- Manage employee annual enrollment.
- Review and analyze benefit plan contracts. Monitor administrative costs of benefit programs and recommend cost containment strategies including alternative methods for administration and funding.
- Assures company compliance (HIPPA, ERISA, DOL, IRS and other regulatory agencies).
- Review and analyze changes to state and federal laws pertaining to benefits, and reports necessary or suggested changes to management.
- Evaluate and compare existing company benefits with those of other employers by analyzing other plans, surveys, and other sources of information.
- Excellent dedication to customer service.
- Knowledge of benefit contract language.
- Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements both adopted and pending affecting employee benefit programs, including ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, SECTION 125, Workers Compensation, Medicare, and Social Security and DOL requirements.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with associates.
- Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to understand, evaluate and make judgments and a thorough knowledge of plan designs.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and HRIS/Benefits platforms.
- Strong analytical and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact with employees, partners and customers both verbally and in writing.
- Self-organizing and ability to remain motivated.
- Adaptability to learn quickly, multi-task, and retain information specific to the business domain.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of 3 years related benefits or employee benefit administration include LOAs, Workers Compensation experience.
- HRIS system experience.
- Experience in supporting associates across multiple states.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Previous experience in Dayforce/Ceridian.
- Managing benefit programs for an employee base of over a 1000.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
- Pay Type