Airbus an international pioneer in the aerospace industry. We are a leader in designing, manufacturing and delivering aerospace products, services and solutions to customers on a global scale. We aim for a better-connected, safer and more prosperous world.
A commercial aircraft manufacturer, with Space and Defense as well as Helicopters Divisions, Airbus is the largest aeronautics and space company in Europe and a worldwide leader.
Airbus has built on its strong European heritage to become truly international with roughly 180 locations and 12,000 direct suppliers globally. The company has aircraft and helicopter final assembly lines across Asia, Europe and the Americas, and has achieved a more than six fold order book increase since 2000.
The Senior Buyer:
- Is responsible for the acquisition of goods and/or services for the assigned commodities and ensuring compliance to the General Procurement (non-flying products and services procurement) process for the A220 Program at Mirabel location. The products and services associated to IT services (infrastructure, application, collaborative solution).
- drives the operational compliance to the General Procurement Process and Global strategies supporting the alignment between divisions.
- is accountable for and contributes to cross-divisional general procurement activities ensuring due process and bundling opportunities are realized
Procurement Strategy & Commodity Management (25%)
- General Procurement focal point for Management and Operations for the any internal customers for assigned scope
- Support Internal Customer (IC) organizations (or teams) and General Procurement in creating and formulating the sourcing strategy by providing data about local suppliers.
- The Senior Buyer works closely with the global General Procurement commodities and drives local multi-functional teams (MFTs) to maximize visibility on procurement planning.
- Establish and ensure regular two-way communication with key functional and local customers; manage the integration with assigned General Procurement commodity in North America and worldwide.
- "Local for Global" - Identification of key/niche areas where the company can plan offshoring and manage the complete outsourcing cycle in alignment with commodity strategy. Act as primary procurement contact for these suppliers in alignment with the assigned commodity.
- Supplier Relationship Management - Responsible for building relations with suppliers of assigned commodity, and identifying new vendors.
- Drive Sourcing Projects (Call for Tenders) (35%)
- Develop procurement plan and identify opportunities within assigned commodities which support savings program targets at Airbus Americas. Escalate blockages to Key Account Manager or Regional Director, as needed.
- Manage the relationship with internal business partners, across multiple Airbus divisions, to achieve target levels of customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for all Operational and Regional Sourcing activities with focus on an assigned commodity.
- Perform "Local for Local" procurement activities in alignment with the commodities' strategy, based on GP terms and regulations.
- Support "Global for Local" procurement activities to provide local insight and support to global and other regional buyers leading sourcing projects
- Responsible for creation, negotiation and management of contract terms and conditions and communicated with all stakeholders.
Team Leadership (10%)
- Provide leadership and coaching to less experienced team members
- Provide support & input to Key Account Manager to set realistic and achievable goals for the team based on commodity strategy, suggested operational improvements.
Procurement & Process Tools Expert (10%)
- Drive compliance to Airbus General Procurement and related processes through strong communication with internal customers.
- Resolve general procurement process blockages and recommend solutions to operational and contractual problems.
- Monitor and, when needed, initiate actions to facilitate timely payment to the supplier minimizing disruption of Airbus processes.
- Report savings to the Shared Services organization in a timely way through the standard mechanisms.
- Expert experience in procurement tools (i.e. SAP, Ariba, Coupa, Oracle, etc) is preferred.
Additional Responsibilities (10%):
- Drive non-flying procurement contributions to projects affecting assigned teams / organizations / commodities. Ensure strong liaison with all GP in the Americas, GP in Europe and relevant business partners.
As our ideal candidate,
- You have a minimum 10 years of experience in Procurement ideally with Indirect Goods and Services
- You have a minimum of a Bachelors' degree in Business or Engineering or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in French and English spoken and written.
- You possess a certification in project management or supply chain
- You have proven successful experience in teamwork in intercultural environment
- You are an effective negotiator with proven commercial and contractual background and legal awareness
- You have financial key indicators knowledge
- You have experience in delivering cost reduction initiatives
- You have a sense of urgency and able to work under tight deadlines and pressure
- You are able to work under minimal supervision
- You are able to drive improvement & innovation to deliver concrete results
- You have proven communication skills, especially with suppliers' representatives and internal stakeholders
- Capable of living up to the Airbus Integrity Principles, consistently demonstrating ethical leadership behaviors
- Proactive nature and strong self-initiative in an unstructured environment
As a leader in our field, Airbus provides relocation assistance for qualified positions and a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
Airbus provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status or other legally protected status. In addition to federal law requirements, Airbus complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, demotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits and training.
Airbus expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status or other legally protected status. Improper interference with the ability of Airbus employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a matter of policy, Airbus does not sponsor visas for North American positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.
Airbus does not offer tenured or guaranteed employment. Either the company or the employee can terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice.