Our global construction group is comprised of Orascom Construction subsidiaries, The Weitz Company, Contrack Watts Inc., and Watts Constructors. Collectively, we specialize in Commercial, Federal, and Industrial construction projects with a best-in-class Supply Chain segment. We have forged our reputation by constantly seeking new construction innovations and technology that provide our clients and employees with predictable, reliable, and collaborative services. Our commitment to delivering a top quality product has resulted in long-standing customer relationships and recognition by industry rankings as one of the top contractors in the United States.
We view employees as our most valuable asset, and the key to our success. That’s why we provide team members a career (not just a job), supported by learning and development opportunities, and a positive, collaborative work environment. We offer the resources of a large company, while preserving our small company feel. Employees are encouraged to work hard, have fun and build strong relationships along the way! Community involvement, diversity and inclusion, and employee empowerment are central to our Company’s culture.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Rewarding Bonus Program
- Comprehensive Benefits Package with Tax-Advantaged HSA and FSA offerings
- Employer-Paid Short and Long Term Disability Programs
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off Provisions
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan With Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fully Paid Parental Leave
- Voluntary Products including: Pet Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance and Accident Insurance
- Corporate Wellness Program with Wellness Time Off and Rewards
- Compensation information can be found at the link below:
The Weitz Company is seeking a Business Development Manager to be located out of our Denver, CO office.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for working with the business development and operations team to build an adequate base of business by identifying, pursuing and developing relationships with current and potential clients. Additionally, this role is responsible for the identification and development of sales leads, assisting in acquiring new business, and developing proposal materials and presentations. This Business Development Manager may be asked to participate in strategic planning, advertising and public relations. This position reports to the most senior level Business Development Manager.
What You'll Do:
- Pursue sales opportunities leading to successful projects while achieving volume and gross profit goals; efforts should be made to “prequalify” clients and their fit with Weitz before resources are committed to a pursuit
- Initiate, expand and maintain strong networks and relationships with current and potential clients, designers, commercial real estate individuals and groups, civic groups, and related firms and individuals to generate new and continuing business leads
- Interact with the design and construction team in developing technical solutions and strategies for the development of construction projects
- Coordinate with the marketing team on the maintenance of marketing materials, photography, advertising, public relations, web site and presentations that reflect the core values, business practices, services, goals, projects and personnel
- Participate on external organization committees and/or boards supporting the business development function while raising awareness of the Company within the industry
- Adhere to all company policies, standards, procedures, and core values
- Other duties and projects as assigned
What We're Looking For:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each previously stated duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and ability necessary to succeed in this role.
- Education: A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in marketing, construction engineering and/or business. A Master’s Degree or MBA is helpful but not required. Academic exposure in public relations, advertising, communications, or journalism would also be helpful.
- Experience: At least ten (10) years of experience in the industrial construction or related industry is preferred. Five years of business development/ marketing with proven management experience is preferred.
- Skills: A qualified candidate will have knowledge of construction practices, pricing, estimating, pre-construction and fee structures. Oral and written communication skills, influencing others, providing a high-level of service after the sale, and communicating to a variety of audiences is necessary. Will need to be self-motivated, creative and take personal enjoyment in the process of deal making.
- Technology: Candidate should be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Training will be provided on company standards.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position at this time.
The Company does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of the Company without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of the Company. Please, no phone calls or emails.
The Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment (minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected categories in accordance with state and federal laws). The Company is a drug and alcohol free workplace and background checks are required if applicable.