(100% Remote) Senior Tax Associate-CPA
Are you tired of fighting traffic on your way to and from work every day?
Are you tired of working an 8-5 job in a tight space with no privacy?
Are you a subject-matter expert in your field of study?
If you answered yes to these questions, we may be the right fit for you!
What We Do:
The Willeford Group is a fast-growing, internet-based CPA firm that has become one of America’s leading practices serving the dental profession for over 45 years. Originally based out of Roswell, GA, our firm has been fully virtual since 2017 and is excited about the opportunity to expand our reach nationwide from the comfort of our own homes. Hundreds of clients rely on our competent, efficient, and forward-thinking personnel to provide a variety of accounting, tax, and advisory services. Our company seeks to foster a healthy work culture that is characterized by a laid-back, friendly environment with an emphasis on work/life balance. Moreover, our team is committed to providing our clients with a comprehensive approach to managing their financial health.
What We Need:
Continued growth has created the need for a highly motivated and capable Senior Tax Associate. As a member of our team, you will be responsible for both the preparation and review of Federal and State tax return filings and associated accounting for Individuals, Partnerships, and Corporations. A minimum of 5 years of experience in a public accounting firm or at a company engaging multiple clients is a must. The ideal candidate will be analytical, result-oriented, and a self-starter. This candidate should also have the ability to manage multiple priorities and be able to solve problems using extensive tax knowledge and research skills.
What You’ll Do:
- Prepare and review annual corporate, partnership, individual, estate, gift, and trust tax returns
- Prepare and review bi-annual tax projections
- Review General Ledger and Financial Statements prepared by our Staff Accountants
- Calculate and/or review recommended paychecks for all clients, as needed
- Perform tax research and provide tax planning ideas, as needed
- Identify and mitigate tax risks
- Build relationships and interact with clients to provide excellent planning, consulting, and expertise on a variety of subjects
- Resolve Federal and State Department notices for clients, as needed
- Respond to and/or delegate all client emails and calls in a timely manner
What You’ll Need:
- Full-time: 40 hours per week
- Tax season hours: estimated 45-55 hours per week
- Billable hours: between 1500-1800 hours per year
- Great at meeting deadlines and solving problems
- Experience working in a remote/paperless environment strongly preferred
- Experience with high income taxpayers strongly preferred
- Experience with partnership accounting and taxation strongly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills with detail orientation
- Knowledge of Tax Software (UltraTax strongly preferred), QuickBooks, and Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of CS Professional Suite preferred, not required
- BA in Accounting or Finance required, MA in Taxation preferred
- CPA or Enrolled Agent required
- Competitive Salary (commensurate with experience) and Performance-Based Bonuses
- 401k Plan: Eligible for an estimated 3% match contribution on the first entry date after 12 months of continuous service.
- Annual Training and Education: You will have access to unlimited Continuing Professional Education classes to satisfy your CPA license requirements through access to firm’s online CPE subscription.
- Paid Time Off:
- After 90 days of continuous employment: 18.5 PTO days credited per year
- After 2 full years of continuous service: Eligible for up to 23.5 PTO days credited per year
- After 5 full years of continuous service: Eligible for up to 28.5 PTO days credited per year
Job Type: Full-time
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Do you have a home office to conduct work uninterrupted?
- This position is 100% remote, with a salary range between 75K-95K. is this acceptable to you?
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Tax experience: 5 years (Required)
- CPA (Required)
- Multiple locations