Job Code/ Req#: Location:
The Medical Resort
Salary per acceptance letter
Job Description Role and Responsibilities
- Weekly Skin Assessments on all residents
- Weekly Pressure Ulcer Assessment for Pressure Ulcers and other types of wounds
- WAR: Treat all the types of open wounds, skin tears, surgical wounds, vascular ulcers, diabetic ulcers and all the other type of ulcers or open areas and skin infections
- Practicing the comprehensive wound management to control odor and performing causative factors
- The wound care nurse needs to work with the Dietitian to assess all the nutritional needs to the resident and providing the topical therapies to them
- Educating and supporting the resident morally and emotionally is also a part of the responsibilities of a wound care nurse
- They also must provide emotional support to the resident’s family and educate them of all the necessary care and wound. Notify Family weekly on wound healing and document notification.
- Provide all the instructions to dress the wound and treat them in the right manner
- Implementing preventive measures to reduce the incidences of ulcers and wounds.
- Educating the resident about the wound or ulcers and make them aware of the treatments done.
- Examining the wounds or problem of the resident and preparing the list of tests or examinations needed per MD orders.
- Helping and assisting the wound doctor on rounds. Documentation and wound care.
- To coordinate with the medical team to provide proper treatment to the resident
- Examining the recovery of the resident and altering the medications as needed per MD orders.
- Assist nursing and CNAs on the floor as needed
- Complete weekly wound log and submit to DON/VP CS
- Participate in On-Call Rotation with Nurse Management
- Any and all other duties assigned within a LVN/RN role
- Apart from the above-given responsibilities and duties of the wound care nurse, they also must practice all the basic nursing duties when needed. They are the specialists who must treat, monitor and assess the patient’s wounds to provide them better health management.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $28.00 - $34.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Free parking
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Long term care
- 12 hour shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
- Overtime pay
- BLS Certification (Required)
- RN (Preferred)
- One location
Work Location: One location