Sundae's mission is to help homeowners get the best outcome when it's time to sell a house that needs some love. For too long, the process of selling outdated and damaged houses has been terrible for sellers. Local property investors capitalize on homeowner distress to purchase houses cheaply and resell them for huge profits.
Sundae is putting more of those profits back in the hands of the homeowner. We've developed a model to predict when sellers will need our help, and a best-in-class sales and marketing team to reach them and a trusted brand that allows us to grow even faster through word of mouth and referrals. With scale and efficiency, we're able to redistribute economic value to sellers in the form of the most competitive price so that Sundae can become the largest buyer of homes that need love in the United States.
We are a Tier 1 Venture Capital backed company with product-market fit, scaling revenue, and a massive addressable market opportunity. Our team is composed of seasoned leaders from real estate and marketplace businesses and with significant high-growth company experience (Airbnb, Dropbox, Chime, LendingHome).
Joining Sundae means being part of the team that's bringing compassion and transparency to the business of helping homeowners sell in their time of need. If you're driven by making a positive impact on people's lives and want to support our mission, we'd love to hear from you.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced Sales Development Manager to help build and support our SDR team. As an SDR manager, you will be a key asset to our Sales organization as we look to grow Sundae to operate in over 40 Markets by 2022. You'll partner with multiple internal organizations (Sales, Marketing, Customer, etc.), and will be a crucial part of uncovering new opportunities and driving revenue into our pipeline. We view our Sales Development Representatives as future Customer Advisors. This is an exciting responsibility, and means dedicating yourself to their development. As a Sales Development Manager at Sundae you will hire outstanding talent, map out the gaps in that rep's skillset, hold them accountable to reaching their potential, and take pride in promoting your team upwards/onwards.
- Attract, hire and retain high performing Sales Development Representatives via all available channels (internal, external, self)
- Create a high performance and accountable culture to achieve and exceed sales targets
- Provide strong coaching and mentoring through a deep understanding of sales, our business model, and our sales methodology. This includes coaching on how to build rapport over the phone, best practices on inbound lead follow-up and outbound prospecting techniques, qualification and how to set the right scene for high quality opportunity generation and lead nurture.
- Support your team by participating in prospect qualification and discovery calls/meetings (including shadowing calls to customize your mentoring for each of the Sales Development Representatives, as well as supporting a deeper level of qualification of opportunities identified)
- Provide weekly team performance summary as well as timely and accurate forecast to senior management based on a deep understanding of historical trends as well as representative's individual performance
- Ensure your team consistently uses our sales methodology to qualify and pass opportunities as quickly, efficiently, and independently as possible
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of Sundae's offerings and the industry as a whole
- Work closely with Inside Sales management to drive increased performance and align pipeline production to our Sales team's needs.
- 3+ years experience leading/managing with a track record in hiring, developing and promoting
- Excellent verbal, written, listening, and presentation skills. You must be credible with direct reports, customers, recruitment candidates, and internally across the organization at all levels including senior management
- Top performer, results oriented, with a track record of overachievement (President's Club, Rep of the Year, etc.)
Compensation & Benefits
- Opportunity to revolutionize the real estate industry with a mission to help those in need
- Scale with a rapidly growing organization, with tons of opportunity for growth
- Work with a team of fun and motivated individuals in a highly collaborative culture
- Competitive cash salary and compelling equity package based on experience
- Extremely competitive health benefits; retirement benefits; commuter savings and more
We here at Sundae strive to build a workforce composed of individuals with diverse backgrounds, abilities, minds, and identities that will help us to grow, not only as a company, but also as individuals. Sundae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Follow us on LinkedIn
Watch our overview video
Watch our customer testimonial