Job ID: 321860
Lawn & Garden, a CRH company, a division within Oldcastle APG, is one of the largest manufacturers of bagged and bulk decorative mulch, soil, stone, and limestone products in the nation with over 40 production facilities. We take pride in serving a diverse group of customers including independent garden centers, mass retailers, landscapers, contractors, and homeowners.
Oldcastle Lawn & Garden is actively seeking a Pro Line Sales Manager to cover Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri and parts of Arkansas and Oklahoma. This individual will be instrumental in growing a territory consisting of Greenhouses, Nurseries, Horticultural Growers, Independent retailers, Garden Centers, Hardware stores and Farm Stores. We are looking for a strategic sales professional that will be able to grow and learn with the role while working closely with the Regional Operations team to grow profitable sales. The position can be based in any major city in the territory - Dallas, Houston, Austin or San Antonio are preferred.
Provide exceptional sales and support to a customer base that includes Greenhouses, Nurseries, Horticultural Growers, Independent retailers, and specialty retail locations
- Sell to, educate, and advise buyers and other key decision makers at Professional Grower and Retail accounts
- Partner with Regional Operations team to enhance customer experience through sales and operations excellence
- Collaborate with Sales, Operation and Finance leadership on sales forecasting
- Ability to present lunch and learns to new and prospective customers
- Leverage CRM to improve customer retention and prospect close rates
- Grow the business profitably with both new and existing customers
- Represent the business at various trade events
- Provide merchandising and in-store support as needed
Requirements / Education / Experience
3+ years of sales experience within DIY / Hardware / Home Improvement – preferably Lawn & Garden
- Valid driver’s license, insurance and reliable transportation
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent in reading, writing and speaking English - Spanish desirable
- Strong sales skills, confidence and comfort with direct customer interaction
- Demonstrated negotiating skills and financial acumen
- Self-starter; Demonstrated success in a remote, autonomous sales role
- CRM / Salesforce.com a plus
- Must be able to travel up to 50-75% of the time within a designated region including overnight stays (travel restrictions apply during Covid-19)
What CRH Americas Offers You
Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Lawn & Garden, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability-If you want to know more, please click on this link.