For more than 70 years, we have partnered with Educators and IT Leaders to give them access to an unmatched selection of proven EdTech products and services for the classroom and campus, that enhance the learning experience. As a result, we have helped tens of millions of students in hundreds of thousands of K-12 classrooms and many higher education institutions throughout the US & Canada.
Summary: Lead, direct and drive sales efforts in conjunction with the strategic goals and objectives of the organization. Primary responsibilities are to provide sales training and development to a dedicated new account acquisition team (Client Engagement Team) and drive maximum new account acquisition results across North America with year over year sales growth and profits aligned with company goals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include the following:
- Serves as a leader, mentor, coach and motivator to a new account acquisition team while developing and growing their skills sets to enable them to advance and promote to the Account Executive Team.
- Develops and implements strategic sales plans to drive new account acquisitions and revenue targets for an “inside sales” business model.
- Develops and maintains sales forecasts and operating budgets; partners with individual performers to establish annual sales and new account goals.
- Achieves profit margins, category diversity and maximum market share in assigned accounts with year over year growth.
- Fosters an environment of accountability to sales metrics in conjunction with coaching, mentoring and training sales team to achieve sales and new account targets. Consistently communicates company/individual goals.
- Conducts weekly one-on-one evaluations with a focus on prospecting activity, category diversity, revenue/new account goals, account penetration, revenue results and employee needs.
- Leads the team in the process of acquiring major education accounts while driving retention, market penetration, profitability, diverse performance in all categories and growth of new accounts.
- Identifies best practices and institutionalizes them throughout the team.
- Coach and provide professional development of new or under-performing team members with a written plan/roadmap and milestones during one-on-one evaluations.
- Partners with Sales Enablement team for all performance management initiatives and goals; utilizes all resources and communicates needs.
- Documents all coaching, one-on-one evaluations, PIPs, and any other employment or performance-based information.
- Plan and implement for potential vacancy, account retention/relationship and new prospects for the team.
- Fosters and maintains positive relationships with company employees, vendors and stakeholders.
- Monitors and reports competitor’s activities or market environment changes to corporate management.
- Completes and submits required reporting in a timely manner.
- Upward communication and transparency of all sales activities, developments, market conditions, and employee issues.
- Five years of sales leadership in the education or technology industry preferred with an emphasis on new account acquisition.
- Experience building and training a best in class, top performing sales team.
- Hands on experience with team management/leadership, sales development and funnel conversion rates.
- Highly motivated and goal orientated with confident, energetic, positive attitude.
- Strong strategic planning skills with proven track record of driving new business opportunities and exceeding target revenue goals.
- Excellent employee development skills; history of mentoring and coaching new sales reps with a proven track record of developing high performing sales professionals.
- Excellent time management, organizational, problem solving, and negotiating skills.
- Exceptional listening skills and verbal/written communication skills.
- Self-driven and ability to thrive in an inside sales model.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- College degree or equivalent work experience. Minimum of five years of experience of managing a sales team. Strong background marketing to education or technical sales preferred (audio/visual, electronics, information technology, software, systems, etc.)
If you think you might be good fit for this role and significantly contribute to our organization, please submit your resume for immediate consideration.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.