Hello, it’s a new day and it’s time to answer the call to elevate your career and make life accessible for all.
Protective measures for COVID-19
At Motion, the safety of our employees and our clients is paramount. As such, we're taking several steps to reduce the risk of exposure to COVID-19. These include:
- Ensuring safe physical distancing at all locations and warehouses.
- Providing all technicians with full personal protective equipment, including face shields, gowns, masks, and gloves.
- Screening all clients and employees for COVID-19 symptoms ahead of home visits or onsite entry to prevent contact with those who may have been exposed to COVID-19.
- Disinfecting all locations and warehouses regularly and thoroughly.
- Continuous monitoring of the on-going situation and updating policies as needed.
Our purpose is to make life accessible
Our compassion and knowledge set us apart. With kindness and expertise, we support individuals by delivering the right mobility, accessibility, personal care and daily living solutions. We believe that providing people with comprehensive solutions empowers and fulfills us all.
Our role is to care
As we strive to expand our reach and clients we care for, we are adding specialists to our teams who embody kindness, collaboration and respect. If you want to help our clients experience their most vibrant lives while growing your own career in a nurturing, learning-focused and supportive environment - you will love being part of Motion.
Who we need
Right now we are adding an Assembly Technician to our team in Ottawa. We need an upbeat, energetic, go-getter - someone who thrives in an autonomous role, where they can make decisions, solve problems and stage, build and set-up of mobility equipment and evaluation equipment. This is an internal-facing role that requires an outstanding communicator and an incredibly high level of attention to detail.
Who you are
You have a passion for healthcare and you want to be part of a company making a positive and tangible impact on people’s lives. You are looking for a company with purpose where there is a rainbow of opportunities; a place that supports internal promotions and development. You want a chance to grow into other Technical roles.
What you will do:
- Build and Set-Up. You will build and stage orders (mobility device) in the designated areas as per build specifications.
- Collaboration. Work with other production team members to support staging their daily tasks and performance quality control checks as required. You may also assist with inventory control which may include product checks for inventory accuracy, cycle counts, prepare and complete documentation for inventory adjustments, etc.
- Be flexible. You will be available to take on additional duties as required to support the production and operations teams.
What you bring
- Technical Skills. You have previous experience with electrical, mechanical or manufacturing diagnostic tools. Knowledge of HME (Home Medical Equipment), elevating, mobility products would be considered an asset.
- Analytical skills. An avid troubleshooter, you are innovative and efficient in your approach to solving problems.
- Empathy. To provide our clients with the best Motion customer experience we need someone who can be empathetic to our client’s needs and circumstances. You can navigate any situation in a friendly, professional and compassionate manner.
- Willingness to learn. You thrive in an environment where you work with your hands and are able to pick up new skills quickly. Through mentorship and training, we will provide you with all the tools and resources to be successful as our new Service Technician-Production Builder. As you master your role you can grow your career as a Senior Service Technician, Sales Consultant or other Client Care roles at Motion.
- Additional must have requirements. You are able to lift up to fifty (50) pounds in order to move or repair equipment and devices. You have a clean criminal background check and are bondable. You have a valid driver’s license.
Why join? We are Motion.
At Motion, we’ve undergone a recent transformation and we think that’s exciting. With a strong reputation as experts in our field, we’re turning inwards to foster a culture of belonging, giving and strength. Joining us now is a chance to be part of that momentum; a chance to make an impact in people’s lives and help create a company environment you believe in.
Thank you for taking the time to consider joining us. If you want to be part of our team, express your interest here.
Motion is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if required, and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please contact us.
Job Type: Full-time