Certara company overview: Certara is the global leader in advancing modern, efficient drug development.
We provide proven modeling & simulation, regulatory and real-world value assessment software platforms and services. In partnership with our clients, we help reduce clinical trial burden, accelerate regulatory approval and increase patient access to medicines.
The position will be responsible for the management and oversight of the Certara EvA Analytics and Modeling center of excellence, a team with a wide range of analytical backgrounds including biostatistics, epidemiology, programming ( R, SAS), advanced mathematics, bio-simulation, statistical modelling and other advanced analytics disciplines in the rapidly emerging healthcare data analytics field. The Analytics and Modeling COE within Certara EvA is responsible to support the variety of service offerings of Certara, including health economic modeling, clinical trial and real-world data analytics, predictive modeling and precision medicine. Furthermore, the COE is responsible for the development of proprietary analytic tools and algorithms to automate common processes and create operational efficiencies and to support new product development.
- Assure efficient and profitable performance of our suite of analytic services creating a sustainable and scalable resource for EvA as well as broader Certara organization. Assure efficient cross resourcing and collaboration with other EvA and Certara-wide teams on multidisciplinary and global projects and programs
- Support Business Development as needed, including client account management, proposal development, bid defense, etc.
- Support internal scientific and technical development such as methodology or software developments
- Participate actively to the development of cross functional projects support
- Serve as an internal senior expert and support internal/external trainings and communications in data science, modelling and simulation or related quantitative sciences
- Oversee current team of international analytics and modeling staff (approximately 15 staff) and recruit additional staff commensurate with growth for the business
- Recruit top tier talent to build upon the existing team to solidify Certara’s position as one of the top providers in the area of of model informed drug development and commercialization, including advance real-world data analytics, predictive modeling and simulation.
- Oversee a measurement and reward framework that includes goal setting, KPIs, variable rewards structures, etc. that drive behaviors that are supportive of individual and team success.
- Cultivate a high-performance yet collaborative culture that can drive sustained growth.
- As part of executive committee, seniority and indirect leadership expected across EvA business.
Education, Experience, Training, and Knowledge:
- PhD in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, mathematics, physics, etc.
- At least 10 years of relevant post-graduate work experience and at least 5 years in a management role
- Experience in a CRO, in the pharma industry or health-related consultancy is a strong plus
- Exposure to pharmaco-epidemiology, Real World Data/Evidence, market access and HEOR is a strong plus
- Experience of managing highly numerate PhD-level scientists is a plus
- A world-class publication record is a plus
Skills & Abilities:
- Experience with Bayesian modelling is essential
- Deep understanding and wide experience in a range of statistical, mathematical and algorithmic techniques
- Hands-on experience and strong skills in statistical programming with more than one package (R, SAS, WinBUGS, C++, etc.)
- Business acumen for advanced analytical services in the healthcare sector
- Ability to conceive and implement modelling and simulation solutions for complex business or public health issues, in challenging timelines
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple projects, in multidisciplinary, multi-country and multi-cultural working environments
- Strong communication skills, spoken and written, including to communicate results from complex analysis audience to decision makers or senior management
- Professional English written and spoken
Number of Employees Supervised: ~15
Percentage of Travel Required: 10-20%
Special Requirements: None
Certara bases all employment-related decision on merit, taking into consideration qualifications, skills, achievement, and performance. We treat all applicants and employees without regard to personal characteristics such as race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, nationality, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental condition, genetic information, military service, or other characteristic protected by law.