- Assigns labor resources, equipment, materials, and other requirements necessary for successful and efficient completion of the respective projects. This includes assistance in coordinating and overseeing the installation of foodservice equipment on construction sites
- Manages special projects, renovations, supporting project managers and a la carte orders, as assigned
- Monitors the progress of project activities and regularly provide updates to stakeholders
- Assists in managing project budgets by ensuring all projects costs are tracked including review and coding of invoices, accounting related to changes in the scope of work, receipts, credit card charges, manage resolution of freight claims.
- Engage with customers to proactively provide effective solutions and mitigate conflict.
- Assists in overall workflow to organize & analyze food service equipment plans, equipment cut sheets, custom fabrication drawings, mechanical and architectural plans for accuracy of information pertaining to items sold or installed by Singer EVI; assist in distribution of clarifications and corrections as necessary according to project protocol
- Prepares quotes for customers including, but not limited to, new projects, special projects, renovation projects and a la carte quoting
- Reviews and places purchase orders
- Collaborates with project stakeholders to ensure orders are acknowledged, received, ship dates are acceptable, and deliveries are scheduled in a timely manner and within the requirements of the project
- Obtains quotes necessary to provide complete cost estimates for bidding and change order work requested by customers
- Reviews quotes and manufacturer shop drawings for accuracy of proper equipment description and physical requirements; seeks approvals for release, as applicable
- Document related changes to the scope of work, including generation and tracking of change orders as required
- Assists all internal and external stakeholders with the close-out of projects, including creating delivery notes and instructions, confirming all equipment is on hand at the local warehouse and received in good condition, coordination of delivery of warranty and service lists, scheduling start-ups for equipment and scheduling training for end users
- Utilize customer tools including, not limited to, requested portals, development reports, service log recaps, chain standards (i.e. “playbook”)
- The duties and responsibilities described are not necessarily an exhaustive list. Additional duties may be assigned to the employee as necessitated by business demands.
Minimum of 1-year related experience. Foodservice and/or construction experience is desired.
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat.
- AutoQuotes experience is desired.
- Ability to read and understand manufacturers cut sheets, drawings and construction drawings and communicate layout and design requirements to others
- Strong relationship building skills with customers, general contractors, architects, manufacturers and vendors, and other trades on job sites
- Strong mathematical and customer service skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be proactive, analytical, have strong attention to detail, and be highly organized.
- Exceptional work ethic with a focus on achieving goals and targets in a timely and complete manner
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to articulate recommendations in a concise and timely manner
- Highly driven and self-motivated; ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Foster positive relations and communications with co-workers
- Possess integrity and ethical character
- Ability to think creatively, critically and solve problems
Work requires sitting for extended periods of time while operating a computer, standing, walking and moving throughout the office and telework environment; requires driving and valid driver’s license; talking; seeing (specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus); hearing; feeling; bending or stooping; squatting or crouching; reaching; kneeling; pushing; pulling; lifting. In addition, job site work may involve some handling of equipment (for example, shelving) and may include walking or standing most of the time and requires frequent bending, stooping, and twisting (for example, taking field measurements).
Typically works in an office environment, telework and construction job sites. The core hours of this position are 8:30 am – 5:00 pm. However, early morning hours, some evening hours and weekend hours may be required to meet business demands. Job may require work to be performed on active construction sites where employee may be exposed to dust, dirt, loud noise, odors and other hazards commonly found on construction sites.
Position requires local and out-of-town travel in accordance with business needs, which at times may be frequent.
At Singer Equipment Company, we value each and every one of our dedicated staff and therefore are pleased to offer a competitive starting wage, a comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, short term and long term disability, 401K with company match, group life insurance, flexible spending, paid time off, and paid holidays.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer