Nearmap is unique. A global technology company with incredible people; a market-leader with energy and spirit. Nearmap was named as one of the world’s 10 Most Innovative Companies of 2020 by Fast Company magazine – and we are growing.
We are looking for an amazing Vice President, General Manager-Insurance to join our team.
The general manager for the insurance vertical in North America is responsible for all aspects of the regional insurance business including sales, alliances, sales engineering, sales development, marketing, product marketing, product, operations, and customer success. The general manager will work with the leaders of each group and dedicated resources aligned to the vertical to create and execute go to market plans. The GM sets the tone for this business, defines goals, provides deep industry expertise, manages the business and directs all of our activities and plans in the insurance go to market strategy. The GM for Insurance will directly manage the sales and alliances teams in the business with support from each of the Nearmap departments listed above, all of which have dedicated resources. The General Manager for Insurance reports directly to the EVP and GM for Nearmap North America. The overall purpose of this position is to focus on the insurance industry and ensure Nearmap is regarded as the dominant aerial imagery and solution provider within the insurance vertical both directly and through current and new partnerships.
If you join us on this exciting journey, you will love our inclusive values and share our ambition to become the source of truth that helps shape decisions for the liveable world.
What we do
We provide easy, instant access to high-resolution aerial imagery, city-scale 3D content, AI datasets and integrated geospatial tools, with wide-scale coverage across the USA, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. At the core of it, we are a location content company, a visual analytics company, and a software as a service company. Innovation is weaved into our DNA.
What we are looking for
A typical day for you may look like this...
- Work with Nearmap teams to create a complete go to market plan within the insurance business.
- Define and drive the value proposition for Nearmap within the insurance market.
- Evangelize Nearmap products across the entire insurance ecosystem.
- Lead and manage a sales team to exceed our targets within the Insurance vertical.
- Lead and manage relationships with our insurance solution providers creating pricing and go to market parity across the partner ecosystem.
- Identify insurance technology providers and systems where Nearmap can plan an important role deeply embedded in these systems. Help direct all Nearmap departments on how to partner with these providers.
- Support our account planning working closely with the sales leader for insurance.
- Participate in sales meetings as needed.
- Leverage your network of senior contacts within insurance to position Nearmap solutions while also introducing these contacts to Nearmap teams.
- Work closely with sales engineering in an advisory capacity to review and improve demos and sales enablement tools to enhance our go to market within insurance.
- Coach sales teams by helping structure sales opportunities and deals; further assist with selling activities as appropriate; ensure the sales team is working collaboratively with operations, sales engineering, and other internal/external teams.
- Work with the EVP, General Manager of North America to plan quarterly business reviews. Review presentations, critique plans, summarize action items and develop strategies to deepen our market penetration in this key vertical.
- Work with product marketing teams to develop and update our competitive intelligence. Roll comp intel out to our sales teams as you educate them on how to position Nearmap products and solutions with key stakeholders within the insurance industry.
- Stay ahead of industry trends, competitive activity, and client opportunities; attend trade shows, industry events, internal meetings and conferences.
- Oversee regional customer satisfaction and renewals.
- Work closely with marketing, product marketing and product teams to understand and influence our roadmap, messaging and go to market strategies. Provide industry expertise to these teams to shape messaging, campaigns, product features and solutions.
- Work closely with our customer success teams to ensure programs are account programs are developing leading to increased renewals, growth, and fewer churn accounts.
- Meet with key accounts as needed to monitor and advise on customer success program development. Holds team members accountable with clear objectives, KPIs and processes.
- Drive high performance in the company through managing, coaching, and providing quality feedback.
- Recruit and retain high performers, develop talent, recognize, and reward performance.
- Facilitate regular company meetings to increase team collaboration, discuss issues, share knowledge, celebrate achievements, and provide training and direction.
- Directly lead the sales and alliances team while heavily contributing to all other.
- Nearmap departments who will rely on the GMs deep industry domain expertise.
For this role we are seeking someone with the following experience:
- Previous experience as a Senior Director or VP for an insurance company or insurance technology partner.
- Deep experience in the entire insurance lifecycle including quoting, underwriting, loss control, renewals, and claims.
- Previous experience in a matrix-based organization, working across different vertical teams to deliver optimal outcomes.
- Well established, mature contacts in the insurance industry – a respected professional who is well known in insurance.
- Previous experience as part of a senior leadership team during a period of rapid growth would be desirable.
- Has been in the role of a general manager for an insurance product line or insurance technology working to ensure all aspects of the go to market strategy are defined.
- Deep understanding of how aerial imagery and AI products are used within insurance today including a clear vision for how they will evolve in the future.
- Knowledgeable about how to apply industry content and case studies to further develop our insurance teams.
- Has acted as an evangelist within Insurance attending and speaking at trade shows and related events.
- Previous experience developing alliances programs and working with a variety of partners both directly and in support of quota carrying sales teams.
- Strong relationship management and negotiation skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong planning and execution skills.
- Experience in all aspects of SaaS products.
- Comfortable in helping bring new products to market.
- Familiar with sales methods and process.
- Experience with CRM tools, specifically Salesforce for Account, Opportunity, and Contact management. Strong knowledge of CRM reporting.
- Experience in sales forecasting and managing forecast meetings.
- Experience working with partners including negotiating partner deals and strengthening relationships with partners.
- Very familiar with mapping, imagery and analytics technology for decision making within the insurance industry.
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills.
- A good brand ambassador with an emphasis on insurance.
- Positive and energetic.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, highly dynamic environment.
- Highly trustworthy, direct, honest and transparent.
- Innate ability to connect with people, work well with others and build trust across the organization.
- Willing to collaborate across all departments and with our AU division.
Some of our benefits
Nearmap takes a holistic approach to our employees’ emotional, physical and financial wellness. Our current benefits include access to the Nearmap employee share scheme, short and long-term financial incentives, flexible working options, paid volunteer days, gym membership, phone rebates, an annual subscription to Headspace, and lots of development opportunities including hack-a-thons and pitch-fests.
We’re proud of our inclusive, supportive culture, and maintain a safe environment where everyone feels a sense of belonging and can be themselves. We have modern, well-equipped offices in Salt Lake, New York and Virginia with table tennis, snacks (naturally) and hope to bring back fun social activities soon.
Working at Nearmap
We move fast and work smart; often wearing multiple hats. We adapted to remote working with ease and are continually looking at ways to improve. At Nearmap, we offer great learning opportunities, a flexible work environment (family first) and live and breathe our core values (love it, own it, tell it, risk it, work it).
If you can see yourself working at Nearmap and feel you have the right level of experience, we invite you to get in touch.
At Nearmap we welcome and encourage our employees’ uniqueness at all levels across the organization, as such we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected] or give us a call at 844-463-2762.