At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Cardiorenal Sales Consultant - Baton Rouge East, LA
Bayer’s Cardiorenal Division is undergoing an impressive growth trajectory and significant investment. Bayer is committed to improving cardiorenal health both in the US and globally with currently available products and products which are in development, including investigational treatments for Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD), heart failure with reduced and preserved ejection fraction, and renal anemia. Given the profound burden of CKD in Type 2 Diabetes (T2D), Bayer is continuing to make significant investments in further developing and currently launching treatment options for the disease. Specifically, as a member of the Cardiorenal Sales organization, you will have an opportunity to make an immediate impact by connecting our products with patients and continuing to advance a world class Cardiorenal Sales organization.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this residence-based role, Cardiorenal Sales Consultant - Baton Rouge East, LA, are to:
- Build and develop professional relationships with (but not limited to) cardiology, nephrology, endocrinology, primary care and pharmacy staff, within assigned customers;
- Drive appropriate utilization of approved cardiovascular (CV) products;
- Work closely with other Bayer commercial associates to generate pull-through within local payers and community health care professionals (HCP’s);
- Leverage expertise and knowledge of diabetes, nephrology and cardiovascular disease (CVD), the marketplace, applicable competitors, industry and cross-functional activities/plans in order to anticipate and effectively manage business opportunities and challenges;
- Provide relevant, thoughtful input to other commercial colleagues (e.g. sales leadership, regional account managers) in regard to strategic and tactical planning for territory, area, and region;
- Develop and implement effective customer specific territory plans;
- Communicate insights to internal stakeholders;
- Prioritize time and effort to ensure optimal coverage of appropriate physician specialists based on opportunity and potential;
- Understand fully the assigned customers product and business needs and work to meet those needs while adhering to all of Bayer company ethics and compliance standards;
- Anticipate potential barriers to achievement of goals and propose responsible solutions for success;
- Have long standing relationships with key customers and an in-depth knowledge of the disease state, key drivers, influencers and prescribing patterns in their territory;
- Effectively handle customer objections and exceed customer expectations with the value they bring to physicians;
- Occasionally be called on to share their exemplary skills with others in the region in a training capacity.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelors’ degree and at least 5 years of experience in pharmaceutical sales;
- A valid driver’s license and safe driving record;
- Proven track record of consistent high performance;
- Demonstrated leadership and foster an environment that promotes ethical behavior and compliance with company policies and applicable laws.
- Advanced degree;
- Experience in the promotion of cardiovascular and/or diabetes and/or nephrology pharmaceuticals;
- Product launch experience;
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills;
- Strong analytical and computer capabilities;
- Virtual sales experience;
- Strong local relationships with HCP’s and understanding of local market.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.