For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado, Gates is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado and takes into account various factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to candidate's relevant experience, qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiency for the role.
Are you inspired by challenging the status quo? Do you thrive in collaborative environments that drive results? If so, Gates could be for you.
Gates is a leading manufacturer of application-specific fluid power and power transmission solutions. We push the boundaries of material science to engineer solutions that continually exceed customer expectations.
Let's simplify it, think belts and hoses. Found in motorcycles, conveyor belts, cars, tractors, blenders, vacuum cleaners, bicycles, & 3D printers just to name a few. Because why not do it all?
WHAT TO EXPECT
As an innovation leader, we look for ambitious, forward thinking, open-minded and well-rounded individuals to join our global team. As a Customer Experience Associate at Gates, you will be responsible for delivering the best service experience possible to our clients in North America.
This is an exciting opportunity to expand your skillset and increase knowledge around customer relationships, analyzing data and our products across hundreds of industries.
This isn't your typical Customer Service team, you will be joining a truly innovative and customer focused department which sets us apart from our competitors.
- You will act as the primary point of contact for many of our Gates" Key Clients and support inquiries regarding pricing, scheduling and shipping. You will also act as first point of escalation to resolve and provide cross functional guidance on complex customer issues.
- The team takes pride in maintaining positive relationships with all of our accounts through consistent follow-up - and has fun doing it!
- Our clients are Distributors and servicers of Original Equipment Manufacturers. We will teach your all about our business to ensure you are successful. We succeed as a team.
Your objective will be independently managing key customer accounts, product details, analyze data, and utilize open order reports to meet customer delivery requirements.
- Some daily activity could include managing incoming customer calls and emails regarding pricing and availability, emergency order entry, backorder status, tracking/shipping information, freight forwarders, and returns (debit/credit transactions) to achieve first call resolution goals.
- Initiate and expedite production for Gates products based on customer requirements.
- Provide Gates product information, competitive product interchange, and product substitutions to customers.
- Utilize Oracle Sales Cloud CRM or another tool to track customer cases
- Support CX team in meeting monthly metrics.
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience, preferably with a focus on customer service in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Bachelor's degree, preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent listening skills
- Self-starter with attention to detail and drive to ensure customer success through relentless follow-up
- Experience building relationships with customers and collaborating with a team
- Interest in learning about our complex and unique customers in the Industrial and Automotive markets
- Requires decisiveness and willingness to take action based on individual customer issues
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and ability to work within database systems
- Disciplined and supportive of guidelines, policies, and metrics as established by the CX team
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without sponsorship
PAY & BENEFITS
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance and other voluntary benefit options: benefits begin on the first day of the month immediately following your date of hire
- Eligible for 3 weeks of paid vacation + 11 holidays (9 scheduled & 2 floating) + 8 sick days. All vacation days are accrued
- 401(k): 3% company contribution and additional 3% company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Learn more about the benefits we provide at www.gateshealth.com
Founded in 1911 in Denver, Colorado, Gates is publicly traded on the NYSE. While we might operate in a vast amount of time zones we operate as 'One Gates' and have a common goal of pushing the boundaries of materials science. We invest in our people, bringing real-world experience that enables us to solve our customers' diverse challenges of today and anticipate those of tomorrow.
While we expect the best, we also want to give you the best. That's why at Gates we provide an environment where people can succeed from our policy of 'Dress for your Day' (yes - that means you can wear jeans), health club reimbursement, to our ownership of your work/life balance and more. Visit www.gates.com/careers to learn more.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Gates is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of race, sex, color, religion, age, disability, pregnancy, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any other consideration defined by law.
ARE YOU DRIVEN BY POSSIBILITY?