National Account Manager, Canada
Reports to: Director, National Fleet Sales
Location: Scarborough, Canada
Responsibilities Include but Not Limited to:
- Maintenance of Corporate Fleet/End User Program.
- Pulling new Fleet business through the Aftermarket or OE channels.
- Maintaining all responsibilities for managing fleet business.
- Training and new product development.
- National Accounts: Expected 20-30% of time.
- Grow, Develop, implement, and maintain regular sales objectives with Key Distributors/Dealers thru established channels within Canada.
- Manage all aspects of Traction Canada as a National Account.
- Implement other National Account fleet programs established from the US for Vipar, HDATP, Freightliner, PACCAR, Navistar and Mack/Volvo.
- Routine distribution activities will be handled thru SS&M.
- Operate within travel budget guidelines set by SKF and achieve annual sales goal.
- Work regularly with Key Fleets, End Users and National Fleet Sales personnel.
- Build relationships with National Fleet Sales personnel to branch further into fleet development.
- Emphasis on all accounts to have established goals and objectives set to drive new sales through the full line of SKF product offerings.
- Maintain regular contact with top fleets/end users assigned in Canada on a regular basis to maintain established sales, expand additional product opportunities and develop new business at prospective and current fleets.
- The main focus is aftermarket sales with a secondary focus helping to pull through OE opportunities
- Offer TFO training on wheel end adjustments as well as features and benefits to Fleets, Repair shops, and National Sales personnel for all assigned accounts.
- Pull fleet sales opportunities through Dealer/Distributor customers or new channels, while maintaining the key activities and opportunities in C4C on a daily/weekly basis.
- Maintaining updated contact information and setting up new locations within the C4C system.
- Develop and Support National Fleet program initiatives.
- Participate in related trade show activities throughout the industry as required at both the local and regional levels when the focus is on National Fleets or with Traction.
- Communicate and recommend product specifications, product forecast requirements, sales and promotional ideas, geographical and marketing trends to Marketing and Management on a regular basis.
- Traction – Develop marketing programs to drive new sales through their Marketing Initiative program.
- This is at both the Traction stores and Truck Pro Service Centers.
- Use SS&M field personnel to manage these daily activities while you implement the strategies.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of sales experience, preferably in the commercial vehicle market or automotive market, selling a tangible product thru distribution channels or other channels
- Industry related experience a must (Heavy Duty parts, HD distribution knowledge Dealer/WD, Trucking Fleet contacts and general overall knowledge how the industry is tied together)
- Familiar using a CRM system to maximize communication and efficiencies
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Travel requirement 60 - 80% depending on home location and key account activities
- Bilingual English / French preferred
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Entrepreneurial spirit, someone who will take ownership of strategic accounts assigned and drive their sales.
- Focusing on growth is the highest priority.
- Prioritize activity based on demands to grow business at the fleet and end user level.
- Must be capable of managing, communicating, and selling programs to the Key Fleet customers, thru the resources and capabilities of the company.
- Need to have an attitude to win and find cost effective and creative ways to earn the business.
- This is your business to run and must show the motivation and drive to grow this business.
- Ability to know your accounts/end users and develop goals and expectations that exceed customers and company objectives.
- Be Aggressive and positive disruption required to adapt to the changing landscape.
- The majority of this role is working with Fleets and End Users and communicating programs thru a matrix of departments within SKF and Distribution channels.
- Fleet/Repair Shop Sales: Expected 50-70% of time
- Fleet/End User expectations is key as focused strategies are developed to pull End User sales through their choice of distribution.
- Training is both feature and benefit to distribution sales and technical to service personnel.
- Establish and maintaining a close and effective relationship between the company and Key National and Regional Fleets and/or End User Accounts assigned to this position.
- As well as working thru National Fleet Managers with established SKF distribution.
- The majority of product lines are at the wheel end with existing business and growing new business.
About the Company:
SKF Canada Limited strives to foster a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all applicants regardless of race, gender, orientation, sexual identity, economic class, ability, disability, age, religious beliefs, or status. We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish and we welcome you! Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Applicants are required to make their needs known in advance.
What You’ll Love About SKF:
Rest and Relaxation. Enjoy a robust vacation, statutory holidays as well as sick day policies!
Work/Life Balance. A possibility for flexibility and an opportunity for occasional remote work.
Health and Wellness Benefits. SKF cares about the wellbeing of our employees. We have a comprehensive Benefits Package.
Invest in your Future. SKF offers a Defined contribution plan opportunity to have up to 6% contribution matched (on base salary).
Much more! Growth opportunities, tuition reimbursement, employee assistance program, life insurance, and with so many benefits to working for SKF, we could not name them all!