District Sales Manager
Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With over 69,000 associates, the company operates more than 320 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 650,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2019 that ended June 29, 2019, the company generated sales of more than $60 billion.
Sysco, one of Canada’s Best Employers 2019, as listed by Forbes, is dedicated to our global corporate social responsibility goals and to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. Join our winning team.
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
- Deliver the agreed upon new business plan in alignment with the district and/or region’s financial goals
- Work with the regional sales leaders on the development of a comprehensive business development strategy
- Leverage advanced analytics insights to prioritize opportunities and develop business development strategy
- Responsible to prioritize intel opportunities being recommended by other sales team members (processed through Sysco Salesforce platform with leadership approval)
- Accountable to build creative and effective sales plan to capitalize on multi-segment opportunities identified by advanced analytics
- Leverage the expertise and skills of a cross-functional sales team to quickly address prospects’ unique concerns, build trust, and shorten sales cycles
- Coordinate the proposal process for local contracts that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns and objectives
- Collaborate with sales team to expand business development efforts, including assisting other sales team members secure key accounts in efforts to achieve annual profit plan
- Review weekly, monthly and quarterly sales objectives and results for target accounts and prepare action plans where improvement is needed
- Gather information on emerging market and foodservice industry trends to understand the competitive landscape and top position Sysco for increased effectiveness in securing new business
- Develop strong working relationships with brokers, distributors, and foodservice industry peers
- Record data and activity on prospect accounts within Sysco Salesforce platform
- Identify opportunities for promotions, additional services, and distribution avenues that will lead to an increase in sales
- Present to and consult with senior level management on trends in the foodservice industry
- Attend sales meetings, food shows, customer events etc. and provide feedback
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of five (5+) years’ work experience in a sales role with a proven track record, experience in food services industry is an asset
- Completion of post-secondary education or equivalent experience, CPSA designation is preferred
- Solid analytical problem-solving skills, including familiarity with analyzing reports and deriving insights from data
- Ability to express information in terms of profit and loss, food cost and expense ratio
- Strong financial acumen and ability to properly plan and execute business plans
- Flexible; readily accepts change; open to new ideas
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with and influence a variety of key stakeholders
- Strong communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with internal and external teams
- Ability to understand and manage compliance to contracts
- Ability to learn the use of proprietary CRM tools for planning and forecasting sales growth
- Demonstrated ability to deliver against deadlines and produce high-quality results (accuracy, thoroughness in the deliverables they are producing)
- Business and restaurant operations acumen to manage sophisticated customers
- Demonstrated experience with building trust with a prospective customer and securing new business
- Demonstrated skills in the area of consultative selling, networking and negotiations
- Valid driver’s license with access to a vehicle may be required.
- Travel approx. 80%
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now.
Sysco’s Values: Integrity | Excellence | Teamwork | Inclusiveness | Responsibility
Sysco’s Vision is to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here’s a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy: