Note: The territory for this position extends from Arizona to Washington. Ideal candidate would be more centrally located but open to anyone with right skillset and the ability to easily travel across the region as required.
- Manage Industrial distribution network to provide sales growth.
- Cultivate product sales at end-users.
- Analyze target account requirements and develop penetration plans to increase market share.
- Develop distributor, OEM and end user relationships.
- Resolution of conflict within the channel and region.
- Utilize multi-channel options and Ingersoll Rand resources to provide the necessary level of technical expertise to the customer.
- Coordinate with marketing or other business unit resources as necessary to resolve problems involving pricing, product specifications, and warranties as required.
- Responsible for the measurement of distributor performance and implementing distributor performance improvement programs Management of promotional programs through the channel.
- Collect and report trends and strategies of competitors to sales and management
- Actively conduct, seek out, and participate in both formal and informal training opportunities
- Take an active role in coaching distribution personnel and evaluating their competency in the support of Ingersoll Rand products and services.
- Assure consistent high level of distributor capabilities to serve and develop customers in the assigned geography.
- Demonstrate an understanding of key distributor business drivers.
- Deliver sales workshops as needed to demonstrate capabilities.
- Differentiate Ingersoll Rand products from competition utilizing product and non-product factors.
- Support cross selling initiatives
- Ability to sell solutions and services beyond products to achieve financial goals.
- Self Starter, ability to function independently without micro-management.
- Strong written, verbal and presentations skills.
- Well-organized relative to time and territory management, and associated administrative functions.
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills.
- Ability to prioritize and work the necessary hours to effectively execute the job responsibilities.
- Responsible for accurate, ethical and timely handling of expenses, trial products, and other company assets.
- Knowledge of industrial products, their applications and markets.
- Proficient in computer related skills; Microsoft Office applications.
- Minimum of three (3) years sales experience, working for a manufacturer or distributor in the industry.
- Understanding of air and electric powered hoists, monorail systems and competitors and applications.
- Knowledge of multi-channel distribution functions and end user selling experience required.
Min. Yrs. Experience: 3-5
Education Standard: Technical Bachelor's Degree, Engineering preferred
Ingersoll Rand is committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request and a member of our team will contact you.