Requisition ID: 287090
Work Area: Sales
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP NS2 Mission Federal Sales Business Development Manager, TS/SCI + poly-Metro DC-20171
SAP is the global market leader for business software and related services, and SAP National Security Services Inc.® (SAP NS2®) is an independent U.S. subsidiary, offering SAP solutions with specialized levels of security and support to meet the requirements of U.S. national security and critical infrastructure customers. NS2 Mission is a business line within NS2 that specializes in delivering credentialed and secure cloud-based solutions from data management and analytics, to sensor systems and spatial visualization. NS2 Mission offers expert engineers and intelligence analysts who provide tailored solutions to our nation’s Department of Defense and Intelligence Community, employing emerging technologies and pushing the technical edge.
Must be a U.S. Person; NS2 does not provide Visa sponsorship
All internals must have manager’s approval to transfer
Local candidates to the Metro DC area strongly preferred
Active TS/SCI required; poly preferred
The Business Development Manager will be directly responsible for identifying and closing new software product and service opportunities within the IC and DoD that align with NS2 Mission’s strategy and strategic plan. The Business Development Manager will have direct responsibility for meeting new business booking and revenue targets through the identification, development, capture, and expansion of the current customer base as well as new customers and programs. Accordingly, the above will require strong collaboration and partnership with engineering, marketing, operations, and sales to ensure alignment and accountability for results.
- Develop, validate and update the new business pipeline and capture plan
- Own, refine, and execute the new business capture “Gate Review” process
- Develop and maintain new opportunities, key relationships, and strategic partnerships to increase the P-win and breadth of opportunities to be pursued.
- Develop the proposed B&P budget and manage the expenditures to the approved plan
- Move opportunities from initial identification through award.
- Build internal capture teams
- Identify customer programs, and procurement organizations
- Define customer buying cycle
- Develop customer contact plan and ensure follow through and execution
- Collaborate with sales, marketing, services and alliances teams on value propositions
- Assess and recommend white paper opportunities.
Gather and analyze data
- Manage B&P budget and maximize the value and impact of the investment.
- Perform program/opportunity assessments
- Gather relevant date, analyze, validate data, and determine gaps
- Gain clear understanding of customer requirements
- Identify/validate customer issues, wants, needs, and hot buttons
- Determine Source Selection Authority and key decision makers
- Perform Competitor Assessments
- Determine key competitors, validate data and build comparison chart
- Assess Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats (SWOT)
- Determine critical gaps and discriminators
- Perform Self-Assessment
- Assess internal SWAT to determine critical gaps
Develop and Implement strategies
- Initiate teaming strategies
- Develop high level proposal solutions
- Determine Program execution strategies
- Turn strategies into action plans
- Transition to proposal / sales
- Identify proposal team
- Develop Proposal management plans
- Hold proposal strategy sessions
- Create opportunities by helping customer find solutions that meet their needs
- Ask probing questions to understand what the customer is saying in order determine the opportunity
- Establish relationships that are built on trust
- Develop a strategy to approach a customer, vendor, competitor, partner and identify hot buttons
- Develop plan of action to meet all key business objectives and other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree preferred
10+ years in DOD / IC Business Development leadership role preferred.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team. (Americas:[email protected] or [email protected], APJ: [email protected], EMEA: [email protected]). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.