About the Role:
Pressbooks serves clients from a wide variety of backgrounds, from educational institutions to faculty members, and self-publishers. As a Technical Support & Documentation Specialist, your role on our team would be to support these people and organizations and their publishing initiatives as they use Pressbooks book production software.
You’ll be the first point of contact for all in-bound communication from the Pressbooks client base. The majority of your responsibilities will relate to supporting Pressbooks clients with any technical needs they have. This includes having in-depth knowledge of our software and an ability to answer questions about tools and features we offer. It also involves being able to troubleshoot technical issues and effectively communicate results both with clients and with the Pressbooks team. In addition, you’ll be responsible for revision of existing documentation and the creation of new client-facing documentation.
You will be working in a client-facing environment with the Customer Success team to ensure client satisfaction and retention, but will require high level technical knowledge, and will assist the development team with testing.
You’re curious, diligent, and interested in the intersection of technology, communication, accessibility, and education. You enjoy working in a small team of driven and mission-oriented people. Furthermore, you like establishing solid and long lasting relationships with clients, and enjoy working with and in tech. You love to problem solve, (particularly technical problems) and thrive on having lots of autonomy. You’re interested in making education more accessible for all. You are patient, and are committed to treating all people with respect, particularly with diversity, equity, and inclusion in mind.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups in tech and non-traditional tech backgrounds to apply for this position.
- Provide technical and general customer support via email for our clients regarding Pressbooks
- Maintain and own all of our customer-facing documentation
- Other client-related tasks, such as helping maintain database of client information and sending out timed communications
- Act as a user advocate in communication with the product manager and dev team by using an established ticket template to provide clear descriptions of user needs and problems encountered.
- Assist our product/development team with manual software testing and participate in bug scrubs and occasional product team meetings
- Work in the Customer Success team in goal-oriented sprints (Agile methodology) to maintain client satisfaction
- Experience with technical support for a SaaS product
- Experience with writing technical information clearly
- Excellent communication and writing skills in the English language
- Comfortable using browser inspect tools to investigate HTML/CSS issues
- Familiarity with WordPress
- Experience with manual software testing
- Experience using Agile/scrum methodology
- Experience in customer service
- Experience with QA
- Familiarity with any of these platforms: Zendesk, GitHub, and Asana
Job type: Full-time
Experience: At least 1 year. Expectation: experience working with software and the ability to grasp new tech features quickly. You should be comfortable with technology, communicating with others, and can think critically through a problem.
Location: Montreal, QC, or Remote work possible within Canada.
Please send an email to: [email protected]
Subject: [Application] QA & Technical Support Position
Please include a CV, any relevant links, and an explanation of why you’d like to join us.