Sales Specialist, Skin Health(Job Number: ACC0100F0)
As a leading partner in healthcare, Medline Canada's sole purpose is Together Improving Lives – this means being deeply committed to the health and well-being of our customers, employees, partners and our communities. We employ a diverse group of top talent focused on growing and making a difference in the lives of Canadians, coast-to-coast.
Compensation is only one part of the Employee Value Proposition that Medline Canada offers our employees. As part of our mission, we offer one of the most competitive and engaging employee experience programs in Canada, which includes:
- Collaborative work environment with highly engaged employees
- Market competitive compensation and benefits plan, including LTD & Insurance
- DPSP match program
- Annual Employee Appreciation Week
- Paid vacation and personal days
- Lifeworks® Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Resources supporting mental, physical, family and financial well-being
- Career growth and training programs
- Open communication with Senior Leaders
- Tailored incentives for eligible employee groups, such as home office reimbursement and Sylvan Learning Centre credit
- Employee referral program
- Education support programs
- Fitness subsidy
- Recognition programs
- Social activities
- And much more…
The following full-time position is available with the Acute Care sales team.
Reporting to: Regional Sales Director, Ontario
Territory: Ontario North, Ontario East, and Eastern Canada
Position Type: Full-time
The Sales Specialist is responsible for the planning and direction of sales activities for our Skin Health business in Ontario North, Ontario East, and Eastern Canada. The individual in this role develops effective sales programs that will help manage and profitably grow our business in Canada.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop sales objectives and strategies in accordance with organizational goals and territory targets.
- Successful acquisition of new customers/accounts; market penetration in all call points.
- Accountable to achieve or surpass Top-line Sales | Quota target within each fiscal year.
- Present and sell company products and services through daily customer visits.
- Assist customers in selecting products and programs best suited to their needs.
- Establish and maintains current and potential client relationships in the continuum of care.
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints in a timely manner
- Capture and objectively communicate customer needs, problems and interests with colleagues.
- Work with the Contracts team and Division leaders as necessary and proactively on tender processes.
- Become a subject matter expert in the assigned area of sales through own initiative, as well as by attending all necessary sales meetings/training sessions
- Participate regularly in both in-house and supplier product training events to stay current on Medline and competitive products.
- Participate in conventions and other sales related events to promote the Company and products.
- Assist the accounting department with the process of receivables for customers as necessary.
- Engage and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including clinical and procurement decision makers.
- Prepare for and conduct all in-service education in connection with product trials
- Ensure satisfactory clinical performance of all products by identifying and resolving customer concerns in a timely manner.
- Take a lead role at the site level for all contracting and RFP processes to ensure retention of existing business and favorable positioning for new business.
- Deliver all required competition detail to assist in any national GPO RFP, if required.
- Required to maintain Medline CRM program– with all current sales opportunities, and contact information; or maintain these opportunities within own files.
- Adhere to travel and expense budgets allocated for Geographic Territory.
- Prepare and conduct effective presentations and RFPs as required
- Travel as required for the role – up to 50% of the time.
- University / College diploma in business or related field
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience within Advanced Wound or Skin Care (Skin Health) preferred OR 1-3 years successful sales experience (incl. inside sales) in the healthcare industry preferred
- Able to meet/exceed forecasts, budgets, milestones and schedules.
- Broad knowledge of the Medical Device Industry considered an asset.
- Able to guide customers through the learning curve of a novel product/procedure for both routine and complex cases.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent organizational and multitasking abilities
- Able to multi-task and effectively manage priorities
- Able to work under pressure in an ever changing and dynamic environment.
- Able to work independently with very minimal supervision
- Excellent computer skills (Excel/ MS Word/ Power Point)
About Medline Canada
Medline Canada stands at the forefront of healthcare, providing expertise and a breadth of solutions for every care setting. With 550+ employees, including 100 dedicated sales and clinical professionals and eight distribution centres located coast-to-coast, Medline Canada is proud to serve the entire continuum of care.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity
Medline Canada is committed to diversity and inclusivity and we encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically disadvantaged and marginalized, including First Nations, Metis and Inuit peoples, Indigenous peoples of North America, racialized persons/persons of colour and those who identify as women, persons with disabilities and LGBTQ+ persons.
Our commitment to Accessibility
Medline Canada is committed to the principles of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We endeavor to make our recruitment, assessment and selection processes as accessible as possible and provide accommodations as required for applicants with disabilities. If you require any accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact [email protected]
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.