Business Development Manager
Allnorth is a multidisciplinary engineering and technical services consulting company servicing clients in the Mining, Oil & Gas, Infrastructure and Pulp & Paper sectors. With offices across Canada and the USA, Allnorth has an entrepreneurial spirit that allows us to be responsive to our clients. Allnorth’s motivated team delivers innovative, practical solutions that fulfill project needs and fit within the reality of our client’s budgets. Our business model of local offices allows us to deliver the best service in our industry and foster successful client relationships.
As a key member of the leadership team, you will be responsible for advancing Allnorth’s brand reputation and long-term opportunity pipeline in all applicable sectors, including the Pipeline and Mining sector, but understanding that work within Allnorth’s other 3 sectors is to be watched closely with leads communicated back to applicable leadership. This is accomplished by developing a broad and deep understanding of the industry, players, trends, business issues, decision makers and their needs with the goal of positioning Allnorth as a trusted partner that provides clients true “business value creation”.
- Build and cultivate productive relationships with clients, prospects and key stakeholders (internal and external).
- Set a clear strategy to achieve objectives, prioritize activities and implement tactics.
- Aligns with divisional teams to develop account strategies to meet with targeted clients on a regular basis to strategically build a relationship and grow revenue. Identify opportunities for client growth including appropriate up-sell or cross-sell.
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders in the preparation of proposals and presentation of plans to potential clients effectively.
- Implement effective strategies to increase the satisfaction and success of current clients.
- Research, identify and analyze high-level customer requirements.
- Contribute to setting and executing inbound marketing strategies that increase customer awareness and engagement.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service/strategy.
- Corporate owner of identified strategic client accounts.
- Prepare, schedule and facilitate regular client service reviews, highlight existing client services, any opportunities for new business, the status of account plans, and service levels.
- Lead/participate in Steering Committees and targeted Pursuit Meetings for major clients or projects
- Take the necessary steps to mitigate engagement delivery risks, including leading and participating in internal quality assurance reviews.
- Minimum of a Diploma of Technology in a discipline related to Allnorth’s service offerings or minimum 10 years of business development experience in selling Allnorth’s suite of services. An Engineering undergraduate degree or Diploma in Civil Technology are preferred.
- Proven experience with developing, maintaining and nurturing strong relationships with customers by listening, understanding and responding to identified needs.
- Ability to understand a customer’s business and issues and develop attractive proposals to enhance value to their business and/or solve specific problems in a cost effective manner. Ability to sell the value proposition, handle objections, ask for and close the sales order
- Able to weigh alternative actions and make economic decisions that incorporate opinions, facts, tangible and/or intangible factors.
- Knowledge of and able to use effective approaches for choosing an economic course of action or develop appropriate solutions and/or reach conclusions. Able to take action consistent with available facts, constraints, and anticipated consequences.
- Demonstrated success identifying and understanding customer goals, interests, limitations and leverage; is able to calculate the cost/benefit of various options and formulate a strategy that explores alternatives, settlement ranges, opening position and concession path; implementing that strategy to reach outcomes that gain support and acceptance of all parties.
What We Offer
Allnorth is dedicated to its Triple Bottom Line of People, Clients & Partners and Profitability. Empowered and motivated employees are the source of our success and the basis for our growth. We’re proud of our team and committed to providing opportunities for employees to develop both personally and professionally in addition to offering a competitive salary and benefits package. You won’t get lost in the numbers here, but rather enjoy positive guidance as you learn, grow and create an impact. Now is an exciting time to join the Allnorth team. Apply today!
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.