Job Description: Business Development Manager
Effective: January 2021
We are seeking an energetic, experienced and motivated Business Development Manager to join our growing team. This individual will work closely with the Director of Sales + Education to increase revenue opportunities by expanding the reach of our products within the marketplace. The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for developing business opportunities within Spa, Med Spa, Franchise and School channels. We’re looking for a dedicated professional with a proven track record of business development that is self-motivated to search out business opportunities in key channels and markets, convert sales leads and establish new business relationships that achieve established targets. This position will be responsible for meeting monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals while maintaining an outstanding level of customer service and commitment to supporting the success of new B2B business. We’re an innovative and energetic and quality organization who is looking for a professional and passionate individual to join our team and take our sales and brand representation to the next level.
What We Offer:
We look forward to welcoming the successful candidate into our fast-growing and customer-focused team. In return for your skills, we offer you the opportunity to join an innovative, and exciting family of brands with potential for growth in skincare where you can make a difference. We want you to be a part of a creative and collaborative culture that empowers its people, promotes teamwork, is environmentally conscious, and strives to deliver the highest quality products and demonstrates care for our customers.
What We Expect – Responsibilities:
- Compile lists of sales leads by market as driven by quarterly sales strategy. Contact and visit potential accounts in Spa, Franchise, Retail and School channels as directed by Director of Sales + Education.
- Opens new business in alignment with strategy and priorities to achieve company growth targets.
- Stays on top of market trends, competitors and sales opportunities and uses information to search for potential business.
- Manages all incoming leads from initial contact through conversion to achieve desired results
- Organizes and maintains business development activities on a regular basis to ensure tactics and priorities are in alignment with objectives
- Able to present to Business Owners and CEOs in a confident and professional manner.
- Partners with Sales Team to ensure new accounts receive proper onboarding, education and support to ensure success.
- Acts as a brand expert as demonstrated through the professional ability to present and train customers on product line, features and benefits, points of differentiation and sales techniques.
- Builds relationships with potential large accounts including Schools, Franchises and multi-door Spas. Nurtures relationships through communication and follow-up to build loyalty with the hope of converting.
- Provides regular updates regarding sales activities and progress towards key initiatives to Director of Sales + Education.
- Reviews and analyzes sales metrics to strategize on how to drive sales and profitability within assigned accounts in partnership with Director of Sales + Education.
- Leverage CRM system to track communication, leads and potential business by regular addition and maintenance of information for all leads and accounts.
- Supports project work to assist in driving sales or providing assistance to accounts including events, launches, trade shows and anything else directed by Director of Sales + Education.
- Works closely with business partners for a seamless and collaborative approach to driving the business.
- Uphold the Company Mission and Values in word and action everyday both inside and outside the organization.
- Participates in meetings, travel, projects any other work activities as assigned.
What We’re Looking for – Qualifications:
- 3 or more years in an outside sales role with business development responsibilities
- Consumer Products experience required – skin care preferred
- Esthetician license a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field preferred
- Motivated by achieving sales goals and building customer relationships
- Proficient with common computer programs including MS Office and CRM
- Ability to multi-task and switch focus quickly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure in fast-paced environment and juggle multiple priorities
- Strong ability to present to business owners, negotiate and navigate changing customer needs
- Ability to overcome obstacles and solve problems for customers
- Strong attention to detail, follow-up and ability to anticipate future needs
- Strong organizational and time management skills to meet assigned deadlines
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and listen
- The employee is required to sit for long periods of time, as well as frequently standing and walking. Use of hands, arms and fingers necessary.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds
- Able to participate in customer visits, trade shows, events or other opportunities that drive sales within existing account base
Compensation and Benefits:
- Target annual salary - $60,000
- Monthly commission plan
- Health Insurance – United Healthcare (Medical and Vision); Delta Dental (Dental)
- Team Member Medical Insurance premium 100% employer-paid
- Short-term disability premium 100% employer-paid
- Voluntary long-term disability and life insurance options
- 401K plan
- Paid Time Off Plan
- Employee discount
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $60,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Commission pay
- Willing to undergo a background screening?
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Sales Experience: 3 years (Preferred)
- Business Development: 3 years (Preferred)
- CRM software: 3 years (Preferred)
- Esthetician License (Preferred)
- One location